Buel trying to break out of his HarD shell.

With a reported 185hp, it oughta honk pretty good. The RC8 makes 155hp as i recall.

The bike in the photo was sent along with another just like it to Germany
"spring 2010" and was reported to be racing in the XB's modified class.

Anyone been keeping up with that ?

I rode the 1125r about a year ago, and let me tell you, I was impressed. Now you have to realize that you have to had ridden twins before to truly appreciate a good v-twin setup (Ducati, Aprilia) and this thing rocked! If it weren't supported by HD or sold at HD dealerships I honestly think it would have done better. They marketed the bike as a fast as hell Harley, and yes it was faster than a sportster, but really, what isn't???

Just to :hide: :stirpot: stir the pot, for you guys who Love Buells there are still PLENTY of them at Harley Dealers to buy. I remember articles and members here test riding them VS a Jap or Italian model and the Buell ALWAYS loss. And NO I've never ridden one, why :eh: , mainly they have just never interested me in looks or lack of performance vs something else.

Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :whistle: , if you like a Buell then buy one or at least get intouch with Eric and see if you can place an early order. I know I've done that several times with Ducati and WON :thumbsup: some and LOSS ( :duh: OH why did I do that) some on that deal :laugh:

Nice, I see he's really skirting the edge of that non-compete. Good for him. :beerchug:
Yep in my may issue of MotorCyclist on page 18-19 they talk about the end of Buell. Eric's non-compete clause ends on 2-1-11, so it looks like he'll be good to go selling street bikes up against harley after that, which sounds like his plan :thumbsup:

Definitely not the bike for me...but I do like the very minimalist look of the bike & I've always liked that front brake set up!

I will buy an american sportbike, when they build one that can do what the japanese can do.....I have been waiting, since the first Buell.

without HD, Buell will have a chance to make competetive machines.

his styling has always been fresh, and exciting....and his engineering was top notch, except for the boat anchor that was used as a motor.

Good for him, gettin away form harley should open doors and get new customers. Gettin away from the "Yeah, buts a harley" thing can only help.

The "Barracuda" was nearly complete for production when Harley shut Buell down. Compared to many pie-in-the-sky motorcycle manufacturing start-ups, this one is well down the road, and it's a road Erik Buell has travelled for a long time. The Harley powered Buells were interesting and fun, relatively hot for an air-cooled V-twin running a single crank pin, but the 1125 engine made by Rotax was a genuine screamer with some VERY cool design feature.s (looked at the cutaway at the Int'l Motorcycle Show last year)

I really hope he can make this new business venture go.

proof that the american dream is still alive and eric buell is pushing it forward!!

Good for him,
getting away from Harley
should open doors
and get new customers.

Getting away from the
"Yeah, buts a Harley"
thing can only help .

How many times can a guy strike out ~ or does this cat have nine lives to try . . .

600_456254242.jpe

Back