brocks mod to duals

padenbrown

Registered
have a chance to get a brocks full system with alien head, but i like my duals, so would it be fine since its 2 headers to just get some turnouts bent to add to em and run my shortie tips??

if you're just going to install shorties why get the full exhaust??? You're not gaining anything by running Brocks headers and shorty tips. You'll have the same effect with stock headers and shorties. Like most full exhaust systems the can is there to provide back pressure to increase horsepower gains. There's no HP gain running shorties some say shorties actually rob the engine of HP buying doing so. Think about it....how many dragbikes do you see running shorty pipes down the track? Sounds like you need to give me your Brocks AH system so its used for its true intent. I'm not a shorty pipe hater because i have a set too. i bought mine as a newb for looks when i first purchased my bike and didn't know any better other then they sounded good at the time and Brocks was out of reach for the wallet at that moment now i'm looking to get into HP gains. So Brocks AH is the route i'm going next spring.

so why does the sidewinder have a removable baffle? the alien head is the same as my tips straight thru design with packing around the sides, just y'd to have one tip instead of 2, like everyone says the restriction isnt in the cans, its in the header, why not have performance and the looks i want and im not a believer of the backpressure myth, i understand different setups for different hp ranges, but whats a couple horses anyway, can you honestly feel 1-2 horse difference?

I'm confused here... Why not just run the shorty tips off the stock header? Systems are designed to work... well... as a system. These exhausts aren't arbitrarilly thrown together, there's a lot of research involved as far as primary velocities and scavenging. If you use the Brock's header and get rid of the collector, you'll loose most of if not all of the scavenging of the exhaust thereby rendering it completely useless so far as performance. Backpressure is not the issue here, anyone that tells you that a motor needs backpressure to run is incompetent and likes to think they know what they are talking about. The scavenging effect is what makes the difference. You would be utterly wasting your money if you bought that alien head system and used shorties without a collector or balance pipe.

You should give this a read, lots of great info...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/25875-exhaust-myths-vs-reality.html

Back