brand new battery took a dump on me

jch364

Registered
ok so I bought a battery from batteries plus 2yrs ago for the bike. it was the 225cca version. It worked great untill the beginning of this season. I have always had a tender on it in cold weather and I put on average 10k miles a year on the bike so the battery does not just sit much. Any way, that battery crapped out on me a few weeks ago even though it was on the tender and had been started every week all winter long. ok. fine. i went to get another one just like it. This sucker lasted about 2 weeks and took a dump on me. I mean one minute it started the bike and the next minute it would not even rotate the gauges when you turn the ignition on! I panicked thinking it was some god awful thing since surely it could not be the battery!
I called my friend Craig who owns and run EPC, Extreme performance Cycles in Dayton/Riverside and asked for his help. He left the store, drove to my house. Tested the battery there. Took it with him and went back to the shop and tested it there under a load and determined that the battery was junk.
He suggest that I stick with yuasa batteries. So i did. he had me one the next day. Hooked it up and shazamm. everything is fine.... I guess for me the lesson here is that you get what you pay for. I swear i am not kidding when i say that every time i have ever tried to cut corners with anything to do with this bike i always end up getting burned in the end because what ever it was i bought that i thought i got a good deal on was nothing but junk in the end. So for me im sticking with nothing but the best. no more discount stuff.

And Thank you CRAIG for dropping what you were doing to come to my house and fixing my screw up for me! Top notch guy. :thumbsup:

Back