BP Staion

gloryboys

Donating Member
Registered
Today out ridingand got down to fumes and pulled into the BP at Brandon Road Coventry. Pull the pump and tannoy goes off requetsing "I remove my helmet first", had no choice needed the juice. Asked to speak to the manager at the till and why the treatment his response was" he was having trouble with drive offs", so now I'm a crook first and a customer second. will make sure I don't us that station again, just thought you'd like to know.

i'd rather push, drag, or abandon my vehicle before i fuel up from that company. BP has destroyed our gulf coast here in the states. if there so concerned about "fuel and flee" tell them to invest in cameras. i think they can swing it.:guns:

Around here you can't get a drop without sticking your card in the pump or going inside and and paying first. The station owners have small margins and driveoffs really hurt them. This is because of the crooks, not the station owners. They are just trying to protect themselves. They don't know you.

i'd rather push, drag, or abandon my vehicle before i fuel up from that company. BP has destroyed our gulf coast here in the states. if there so concerned about "fuel and flee" tell them to invest in cameras. i think they can swing it.:guns:

Most of the stations aren't owned by the company. They are owned by individuals trying to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Funny thing all stations are pree pay but the one race fuel station in town I can pull up fill up in full gear lol then pay....

Guy's I understand that the guy is a franchisee, It's a new modern station with cameras, but they have set them all up for reading cages, I checked on returning tho the bike and not one of them face towards the store/pay area, so they screwed up on their own security about catching this sort of ride drive off.

Too many drive offs Sounds like BS to me , I haven't seen a station that will let you pump gas before paying .
I can see the attendant asking you too remove the helmit if you where inside the station, but not at the pump paying with a credit or debit card.
Here in Florida you drive off and get caught you can lose your drivers license

you didn't pay.jpg

Too many drive offs Sounds like BS to me , I haven't seen a station that will let you pump gas before paying .
I can see the attendant asking you too remove the helmit if you where inside the station, but not at the pump paying with a credit or debit card.
Here in Florida you drive off and get caught you can lose your drivers license

Same here in Georgia, just gas is a little cheaper.

In the UK all stations are fill first then go in to pay. Apart from a few stations that allow you to put your card directly into the pump that have been popping up over the last few years.

I also have a real problem with this, Been riding around 11 years now and only ever been asked to remove my helmet twice, both times in the last year. One was also a BP. Atleast you got it done in the right way, they refused to switch the pump on before you removed your helmet. Both times ive been asked they let me fill up then asked me to remove before i could pay.

So picture this, I'm stood there holding out my debit card and they wont take it until i remove my helmet, now this is a hideously ridiculous situation on its own, as if i wanted to do a drive off, i'd have been long gone anyway!

But worse than that, I was wearing official high viz clothing with 'Emergency Blood' written all over it (I do urgent blood deliveries for a charity) and i also have a photo ID card displayed on the chest of the jecket.
Yet still, both times they will not have it, I MUST remove my helmet before paying.
The second time, i refused and called them on it. I just said are you going to take payment or not, seeing as you allowed me to fuel my bike with my helmet on. They gave in and took payment.

The time i refused was in a morrisons. I happened to go back in there two days later and filled up my scooter. This time, no high viz, no ID card, exactly the same attendant. She didnt say a word!! nothing about removing my helmet. So from now on, im just going to refuse.
If they wont switch on the pump then i guess i'll have to either obey or limp to another garage.

Andy.

If they didn't have PoS's driving off without paying, they wouldn't be asking you to remove your helmet (so they get a pic of your face). You wanna be mad at somebody, be mad at the punk who created the situation in the first place....

I am amazed at how easily people want to be upset about really low level minor annoyances.

if it bothers you so much, please talk with your wallet and by your fuel somewhere else.

PS: I usually like to take my helmet off, the fuel stations i used get robbed alot...and it makes the attendants more comfortable when they can see your face.

Around here you can't get a drop without sticking your card in the pump or going inside and and paying first. The station owners have small margins and driveoffs really hurt them. This is because of the crooks, not the station owners. They are just trying to protect themselves. They don't know you.

same here

Back