Bought a Hayabusa-based race car, I need to learn these engines now.

1712098127049.jpeg

1712098067841.jpeg

1712097201128.jpeg

Girl Car GIF

Last edited:
Well, that's a Rush SR and also not a Hayabusa engine.
I looked at those and really like the idea of them. But then I saw a few up close and realized they're way too small to be on tracks with the bigger cars. The cage bars, while within spec of the major orgs, just seem too small. They're probably fine if they're in a crash/roll on their own. But any side impact with a normal car, that'll weigh 2-3 times heavier, they don't look like they'll offer much protection.

Unfortunately, Rush had their first death on record a few weeks ago at Willow Springs. I don't know the full details, but what I understand so far is the driver was struck by debris, probably went unconscious, and left the track where the car then flipped several times and then impacted a concrete wall.

There's something I'm trying to workout in the electrical planning. I'm going to run an AiM PDM32 that will control all of the electronics, sensors and data logging. The PDM replaces all of the fuses and can do some really cool things with programing.

I'm also going to run an Cartek XR battery isolator/kill switch.

This is the layout that Cartek shows:

1712114650273.png

I'm struggling with the "Engine Kill Signal". With the PDM, I can pin that in to an input channel and use it's internal logic to shut power down so that it will kill power to the coils, injectors, fuel pump, etc.

But I can't find anything with the Hayabusa ECU that would use a kill signal. So, when you kill power to the ECU, like just turning the key to off, does it just simply kill power to the ECU or is there a signal being sent to the ECU to go through a shut-down sequence?

Back