blue gauges help

dsmdave

Registered
hi all i just installed blue gauges on mine 05, and it flick on and off alltime. first i connected power wire to the headlight it was flick on off then i try connect to daytime running light but is still the same. anybody got experienced on this? please shine in. thank you in advance. dave

Check the dimmer, if it is flopping around you could see some flickering.
bump.gif

Need more info. In addition to the questions that have already been asked:
Are they new or used?

It may be something simple as others above have stated, or it could be a faulty transformer.

Things to check.
Age of battery
Faulty Transformer
Bent Harness
During installation did you bend the gauges, could of broken a trace and now it's intermitting.
While putting your cluster back together is a wire being pinched by a screw or the case.

102_0077.jpg

thank guy for replied. the battery comes with the bike when i bought it used had 18k when i got it now only 22k, i tested the batt still goods. it flicks during the ride and idle. the gauges is news and it come with a small blackbox, is not a dimmer i think.is much be a transformer and had black and red connection. i will check again for pinching and bendng. thank you again. dav.

If it is the stock battery I would start there, it may test good but still not be enough to power the bike.

the gauges is news and it come with a small blackbox, is not a dimmer i think.is much be a transformer and had black and red connection.
Were these done by bluegauges.com?  Unless he's changed something, the transformer Scott uses has a dimmer switch attached to it, and he wires everything internally so there are no additional connections, just the factory one.

that is a dimmer bro,there should be a dial on the side,i have the same one...sounds like a loose connection somewhere or a possible short in the making,you need to make sure none of the wires comming out of the cluster are pinched.

Back