blown head gasket

jeremy78233

Registered
I'm boiling coolant everytime I shut off the bike, and if I get stuck in traffic goes straight to redline. No water\oil mix but I can sometimes smell it when I'm riding and I keep fouling the #1 plug so I'm pretty sure its a head gasket, but will check for a stuck thermostat just in case. Any way this is the second time I think I've bloown it, my motor is studed and has a plate (.08") but I hit the rev limiter a lot in first gear and wonder if thats what could be causing it what to you guys think? BTW only runnig 6-8lbs of boost full timing.

not really worried about the boost pressure or timing I'm trying to find out if while hitting the rev limiter under boost am I losing fuel or spark and if either one of those instances would cause head gasket failure.

losing fuel yes
what yr bike?
if 02+ id flash a hard cut(ignition) in there and remove soft cut(fuel cut)

sorry, bike is '00, hahn 16g, BOV, tial wastegate, pc3usb, cometic head gasget, studed motor and never seen over 10lbs on the street.

Also, I though #4 was the the fuel cut off cylinder on Gen 1's? If so wouldn't #4 be the likely indicator of soft cut? I'm not saying like I know, it's more of a "hmm" question for the pros.

My turbo is exterally watsegated....and are you guys telling me that #1 and #4 actually get fuel cut from the rev limiter (thats scary). I was hoping it was cutting spark, so under boost and hitting the revlimiter my bike will be seeing an extreme LEAN condition, someone want to confirm this for me.

Give Boost by smith (Greg) a jingle. He sells the flashers. They let you do all kinds of cool stuff. WAY more stuff than with a power commander, like soft/hard cut, timing, NOS control, etc. I think with flashing the ecu can even play Blue Rays. Not sure on the last one.

thanks for all the info, guess i'll try to stay off that rev limiter 'till I figure out what to do about that fuel cut, probably upgrade to '02 ecm and get the flashing software thru greg

Back