bike thief caught!!

A few days later a cop found the jackass pushing the bike down the road after it ran out of gas.  Why do these idiots joy ride on a stolen bike for days, run out of gas and then start pushing?  Just how far do you push your luck?

When I sold my last bike on ebay there were to be no test rides until I saw a drivers license with an MC endorsement and the person had a matching registration for their car.
Damn, I'm glad the situation turned out fine. But that's a good idea for people that wanna test ride. Make sure and get their D.L. and MC endorsement number and don't fill up the tank (in case he decides to take off).

Glad the story ends well.

I use a simple rule for test rides on top of checking Driver License, and I've been on both ends of the deal.

Buyer leaves full amount in cash, and goes for a test ride. Comes back within let's say 20 - 30 min, and bike is fine - he makes a decision whether he wants the bike.

Comes back with damage - his cash just bought him his bike.

Doesn't come back within 30 min - seller calls the cops (maybe the guy crashed and needs help, maybe he took off - let cops sort it out). Seller keeps the cash.

I bought my 'Busa this way, and I even offered to the seller these rules. Needless to say, he agreed, and I had my first blast during my test ride.

update.... the bike actually runs better now since the guy stole it.. he had the tank off so we are thinking he adjusted the carbs a little.. it cold starts now without a choke and it used to have a stumble on hard acceleration.. no more stumble it just takes off.. so we decided the 200 dollars it took to get it out of impound is what it wouldve cost for a shop to adjust them. so it all evens out i guess.

we are thinkin he will plea bargain it down to somethin like vehicle embezzlement.

Back