bike stand question

padenbrown

Registered
hey everyone, i have extentions on my swingarm (up to 9 inches) and i was wondering what kind of rear stand to get since its such a long reach to my swingarm spools. can it just go on my axle nut?

Demmym had a 6 inch stretch and used a standard spool stand, but he made a slick little ramp with a couple of 2x4's that went under the rear tire. This gave him enough room to use the standard stand.

Demmym had a 6 inch stretch and used a standard spool stand, but he made a slick little ramp with a couple of 2x4's that went under the rear tire. This gave him enough room to use the standard stand.

Yep, depending on the stands throat length(crossbars if any in handle) and where wheel in set at on the stretch will determine if a reg. stand can work. I had a Vortex stand with a pretty long u style handle and it just barely would make(was hitting tire right before spools) on 1 I had, but it was set at like 8". Some stands will never reach the spools on any stretch without of course jacking up bike or running up on a ramp as TTV said.

but yes if you want to just use axle go get a piece of all thread or any solid rod that will slide thru your axle with couple inches on each side and that will work also. Just no good for removing tire, but works fine for just parking(storage).

Would the pitbull forward handle stand work or will it hit the bottom cross brace?
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

That foreward handle is slick, I had cheap stands (cycle gear) so I just cut and welded mine longer. The handle stuck through past the cross bar about 2 inches and wouldn't get past my tire unless it was flat.

Back