Bike safety.

Busa_70461

Registered
I've seen a few post with pics and it doesn't look like the bikes are locked or inside a garage or trailer, is it that safe? Trying to see if I can make it.

Mine is under my carport covered. But, I live on a very small military base that everyone knows everyone. If I was anywhere else and didn't have a garage or secure place to keep her, she'd be sitting in the living room with me.

What are we talking about, hauling it safely, or parking is safely?

No bike is ever safe. Best thing you can do is to make it difficult for thieves.

I just bought an i900 scorpio and I'm going to use that in conjunction with my disc lock and handlebar lock.

I believe he is talking about parking at the upcoming Meet & Greet. I had a downstairs room last year & left the busa up top with the rest. It would take some real stupidity to walk into that parking lot & start stealing stuff. :laugh:

But you do have to beware of the TP bandit..

wm_normal_dscn3827.jpg

Last edited:
I have never heard of a problem at the meet/greet, but you can always park next to someone with an alarm, or lock it to another bike. If you are on the lower level, last year the owner let us walk the bikes down there an park them by the room doors, but I left mine in the parking lot. Most everyone is up late, and some people will be up really really late.

Thanks for the replies. I was curious just in case I go. I mapped it from Slidell, La and it said it was like an 11 hr drive but on the BUSA I can probably cut it down to 8.5hrs give or take a little.

if this is gonna be sittin there, you wont have to worry bout yours

you're welcome

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

No worry at the meet n greet. Very secure area, but if your worried about your baby you can put her in the hayabusa hospital overnight.:thumbsup:

post-6-50078-CIMG2987__Small_.jpg

And we have a security patrol that stays up late as James said. Here they are.:laugh:

DSC_7931.JPG

And we have a security patrol that stays up late as James said. Here they are.:laugh:

ROTFLMA..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now, with that said I'm pretty sure your bike is going to be very safe at the MNG. No real precautions are required... The town is full of motorcycles and I can honestly say never had one problem in seven years of riding there...

Besides its a CC State and I'm pretty sure my bikes not worth what a thief would have to pay for her... :thumbsup:

But the bad part is South Dakota doesn't have a concealed carry reciprocal agreement with Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, or Arkansas. So much for me carrying legally..

Back