Big D's new suspension-courtesy of HyperBike!

***SECOND RIDE***

went two-up yesterday with my wife for the first time since I stretched the Busa! The new higher-strength spring from GPW did its job superbly-I asked Amy how she felt riding the bike now; she said its the BEST ride she's had on the bike yet!!
super.gif

super.gif

Amy rode the bike at stock height, lowered 1" in the rear, and now stretched 9" n lowered 1" out back-she liked the firmer ride and said the back felt more stable leaned over. I took her out for a good 15-mile freeway trip and 6-7 street miles so far n my wife is lovin' the new suspension-all I can say is:

<marquee>YOU DA MAN GREG!!!</marquee>

i'll keep playin with it for a week or so before I make any final dec, but I even like the solo riding exp. better already-I can't wait to get this thing on the track next week!
super.gif

a.JPG

super.gif

super.gif

Way to go, don't forget to properly set the sag for the front now so you have a balanced ride. Thanks for the full review.
beerchug.gif

ohhh, Im LOVIN tha ride!
did a 200-mile cruise wit one of my guys from IL (not on the boards but he rides a '00 Cranberry/silver Busa-very nice one too, PM rims, +1 rear, carbon hugger n inners... good for tha twisties) and I ah, 'got on it' a lil bit-this is y I like the speedohealer's top speed memory button
super.gif

Speedopic_001.jpg

Nice report! and great walk-thru on the shock replacement!
super.gif

(Smoke_Dog @ Sep. 14 2007,15:49) So does this work for you and how much did it cost?
new suspender is working better than factory already; but I want to tweak it I think I can get a smoother ride out of it when solo and I want to find that 'sweet spot' where the bike handles everything better...right now low speed stuff is a lil stiff n hard cornering is improved but I'd like it MUCH improved.

you'll have to talk to GPW about price-mine is Top Secret
wink.gif

The revalved, resprung, fresh nitrogen shocks are $330.00 they can also be beefed up for twisty carving and stock wheel base. $330.00 with your stock shock. All we need is, rider weight, riding style (agressive or touring) lowered?, stretched? and its on.

yeah BigD I knew I neeeded it but did'nt know where to get it
done. I'm sending mine off after Christmas
thumb_up.gif

you wont be sorry-night n day difference w/the comfort levels, just take your time riding n make lil adjustments to rebound/comp. for about a week or two n you will have a whole new bike bro
beerchug.gif

I guess the install is easier to do with an aftermarket swingarm, because it is a pain in the butt with the stock one. I'm having a hard time installing the new one.

Back