Best way to launch??

armybusa

Registered
i have a 2005 busa with a few mods, i have the pc111, yosh full system, and a 10 inch over gsxr 600 swingarm. also i have a 40 shot of dry for when i get the nerve to use it. i just need to get better at launching it. i know you should have the rpms near 5000 or 6000 to start, but how easy or hard do you let off the clutch? and will the stock clutch handle that hard of a hit?

6K or better,slip the clutch off the line,get to WTFO ASAP while feeding more clutch at the same time.:;):

+1 on what Nitrous Junkie said
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

i launch around 6k i slip the clutch while opening the throttle then i get out of the hole with my chest and weight on the tank wot. speed shift all the way down my reaction time went from a 507 down to a .067 my quarters are 10.08 at 138mph but get yourself a front strap and some bones for the back and hold just let her eat out of the hole all i have is a muzzy full pclll pair removed and i weigh 250 i am on a diet now

i have dog bones on the back, and a triple tree, would straps be better for racing?
Add the strap along with your tree. You don't have to pull it any lower but the strap will keep the front down a bit better. I'm a newbie to dragging a bike but, I have made passes both ways. I can tell the difference. The strap prevents the acceleration from being able to jerk the wheel like a slide hammer. It has to pull the entire weight of the tire/wheel from the beginning instead after the forks top out.

ok, i gotch yah, i was thinking it was only to lower the front end. would i have to raise it back to stock hight? im about 1 3/4 lower in the front now.

I'm running 1 1/4" Genmars all the time. At the strip, I pulled it down another 1 1/4 or so.

Here is a picture. It is down about 2 1/2 front and back. Another thing I did that seemed to help. I slowed the rebound down on the rear shock.
Busa0311_420.jpg

Rick that sure is one mean looking Busa.. BTW we missed you and the misses at the bash, We had a great time..

p.s. What did she run in the 1/4..

Doyle

<!--EDIT|Pops Roos
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146510609 -->

Rick that sure is one mean looking Busa.. BTW we missed you and the misses at the bash, We had a great time..

p.s. What did she run in the 1/4..

Doyle
I've ran 10.24 @ 138. I'm still easing it out of the hole with 60's in the 1.85 range. I hope to bump the 9's May 13th!

We were in Eureka Springs for our anninversary so I could make it to the bash. Will be making back to ES in Sept!

Good to hear from you!

I leave at 3500-4000rpms and feed it both clutch and gas at the same time as smooth and quick as possible. The trick is to hold the clutch lever out on the line right where it want to start grabbing, this will help you be smooth while slipping the clutch. It seems to work well............ I run 6.0's @ 121mph 1/8th and 9.30's @ 148mph 1/4.

burnout4.jpg

hey thanks for all the info, im new to it also and been messing around trying different. but just lowered bike and with the tips should be ok

With that long of arm a strap is only to make you spin the back tire. If the front is to low and the back of bike is high the supsenion is going to give somewhere and its going to be the back tire. Leave about 5k and slip the clutch a tad if you dont have the hub welded up its going to hop around a lil...

"I run 6.0's @ 121mph 1/8th and 9.30's @ 148mph 1/4."

You are either VERY light or running a 30shot...

Back