Best Oil Filter & Oil

No I can’t predict (nor anyone) how the oil will perform in any/every bike but on the other hand it does not take a rocket engineer to figure out something with 700 Ca and something with 3,000ppm, which will perform better.

Basically in today testing, they have made it testing for dummies. Anyone can understand it, unless you can’t read English.
Yet when I correct you and tell you that oil you say ONLY uses 700ppm calcium also synergisticlyuses 700ppm overbased magnesium for additional detergentcy/anti-wear you seem to overlook that fact for whatever reason .

An honest question , are you in anyway associated in the sales of Amsoils products ? I ask because you don't own a Hayabusa and oil seems to be the only topic your interested in here at a Hayabusa forum and it all been very PRO Amsoil and the price you alledge you pay for your oil makes me take notice .... so I ask
biggrin.gif

BTW , the Synergyn cost is around 5.50 per quart for the two 30wts and the 15w-50 and no affiliation with them either . Money often gets in the way of the nitty gritty concerning oil info on the net so it can be a buyer beware type situ on certain oil forums .
I do not own a busa BUT I am going to buy one soon (end of next year or spring of 2007). I spend the funds on something I need more, a Kubota tractor. It was either a bike that I would drive 6-7 months a year or a Kubota tractor with a front end load, backhoe etc. So I made a wise selection for my home improvement..but anyways….

From what I read your Synergy uses or has lots more Ca then 700 here. The 700ppm of Ca was an example. I think your Synergy has like high 2,000 here of Ca. Again, these 3 oils, stated above, look VERY close. But then through in Mobil’s outrages price, there are out. Plus I dislike Mobil since of the past history and rude technical service.

I like Amsoil since for the price, for me, it is hard to beat. Show me a better oil that will outperform Amsoil and is cheaper or has better numbers and I will switch. I need better results all around to switch. Example, having a high TBN but more wear results will not correlate to a switch. Again I think Maxium is good and will try and test it.

I am not a Amsoil dealer and do not care too; but, I have friends and family that sell to me at dealer cost. Also you can get better dealer prices when you buy at commercial pricing (which some do have these accounts). So I buy in case lots to save more. I am lucky some of my friends let me do that. But on the flip side they need Backhoe work. So it is a even wash.

Oil filter surgery

Look at the Amsoil

Oil filter cross reference

The Mobil Supersyns and their 5w-40 Truck and SUV oil along with their bike oils are the only over the counter true group 4 and 5 synthetics around the likes of Walmarts , Pep Boys ect .

Depends on which counter though . I am speaking of mass marketed oils made by the 4 largest oil companies typically sold at auto stores and Walmarts.

The Sinclair 5w-30 and 10w-30 synthetics still uses group 4 PAO's and Group 5 esters if you ever run across it
Mobil SUV was the same oil as Delvac. Royal Purple might be another one here (along the same lines).

The link you provided looks good but he does not even talk about flow rates or Beta Ratio Tests (most accurate)

<!--EDIT|gsxr1100
Reason for Edit: "added comments"|1123601657 -->

Wow, this is turning into a very informative thread!
biggrin.gif
 Since were talking about a possible Amsoil dealer on the board here, how's ths price I get from my dealer -   "SMF109 filter / $8.25, and the oil is MCFQT and they are $7.00 (6 quarts) -- total $53.50 with tax".   what the Heck does MCFQT mean?

Also, Ive read some where around here, and maybe Im wrong, but Mobil 1 is the only true synt? Is this true...?
off my head, the retail on Amsoil SMF 109 is 8.75 and the dealer price is below $7.

On there oils, the price delta can be from 15 to almost 23 to 25. Plus the S&H for dealers is cheaper then what they state on there website.

I did a bunch of filter research when I got my 05 LE and the Purolator Pure One  kept coming up as the best.  I just can't seem to get my hands on one.  Mobil1 oil showed the best in the tests that I looked at.
Email Tom Duvall at Tom.Duvall@ArvinMeritor.com

He works for Purolator and will help you out ASAP!

But I think you are out of luck with a Pure One on the Suzuki since the thread class will kill it.

<!--EDIT|gsxr1100
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123617733 -->

I just change to Amsoil 10w-40w motorcycle oil.
I can not believe the differents!
Runs with less engine noise and shifts so much smoother.
I think I'm hooked!
race.gif

I've been using Suzuki filters but I'm buying Napa (Wix) filters next time. Good quality and good price.

I'm going with Silkolene. It's a German produced esther based synthetic made especially for motorcycles. I've been warned from day one by several people, including the dealer, to not use auto oil in a bike because the additives screw with the clutch.

You guys may think i'm crazy but I use Napa Filters and Napa fully synthetic oil and have had no falures and hot lap the bikes constanly and no clutches replaced to this day,I'm getting full usage.

Napa filter all the way, it's got a spectacular filtration capacity

i put putoline semi 10-40 and a genuine filter (genuine is same price as champion.

the filter is a bit of a bugger so the k&n is a good choice for service ease:laugh:

i like to use 2 stroke oil. with 2 stroke oil the engine only has to turn 2 revolutions to complete the cycle so you will double the horsepower of your engine...best money you can spend.

as for the filter i would bypass it completely. all it does is slow the lubrication down. the engine is sealed up right? so why do you need a filter. faster oil = faster bike....:whistle:

i like to use 2 stroke oil. with 2 stroke oil the engine only has to turn 2 revolutions to complete the cycle so you will double the horsepower of your engine...best money you can spend.

as for the filter i would bypass it completely. all it does is slow the lubrication down. the engine is sealed up right? so why do you need a filter. faster oil = faster bike....:whistle:

:thumbsup:me thinks Wichita busa rider has a sense of humour :laugh:

Just put in some Amsoil synthetic and K&N filter today after 6500 miles.

:rofl::rofl:
Half way through the first sentence I was like whaaaaaaat???

Hey guys, I just got a 2000 Hayabusa with 24,500 miles on it. I love the bike, I just changed the oil in it and went with the OEM stuff. My question is would I be wasting my time and money to go with synthetic oil since my bike has so many miles on it.

Hey guys, I just got a 2000 Hayabusa with 24,500 miles on it. I love the bike, I just changed the oil in it and went with the OEM stuff. My question is would I be wasting my time and money to go with synthetic oil since my bike has so many miles on it.

No you would not be wasting your money and 24k is not that much mileage for a busa

No you would not be wasting your money and 24k is not that much mileage for a busa

Appreciate it. I will be using synthetic from now on the. I am glad I found this web site. I have had my busa for about 2 weeks now and love it. My other bike is an 09 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic and the busa is my first sport bile. Loving it.

Appreciate it. I will be using synthetic from now on the. I am glad I found this web site. I have had my busa for about 2 weeks now and love it. My other bike is an 09 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic and the busa is my first sport bile. Loving it.

:welcome::welcome: Good to have you here. You will fall in love with the busa over and over :thumbsup:

For me personally i have tried many types of engine oil,been riding my busa for more than 7 years.For me Liquid Moly,Bel ray and Motul.Oil Filter stock.I dont think i can try napa filters locally here.

Back