Ben Spies to Retire

Ben who,, Sorry but since he came to GP, he was never shown the drive that he had before.

Ben who,, Sorry but since he came to GP, he was never shown the drive that he had before.

Without knowing what was going on behind the scenes, who knows what happened? A champion in AMA SBK, and then they rushed him through WSBK in one year (when he won the championship). You're right that he didn't do much on a factory Yamaha in MotoGP, but he did have a pretty bad shoulder injury during that season--which was injured again. Guess everyone can't be a star--look at Pedrosa. When Nicky won the championship with Honda, they told him they were designing the bike for the new kid--Pedrosa. Well, Pedrosa never won the championship, and has been eclipsed by Marquez on the Honda. Just wishing the best for Spies, and hope he stays associated with racing.

I'll tell what brought Ben to his knees...That Smokin hot Italian hussy model girlfriend...
I knew it when we were in Austin...

When you ride that well, you're always looking to move to the top class. That's what all those guys want--a shot in the big leagues. Maybe he should have stayed in WSBK for a few years, but it seems that Yamaha wanted him in MotoGP.

I hope he saved some of the money he was getting paid...

Back