been a while

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
But it is good to be back
Starting. collection of big bore Road Locomotives
I have a second gen Busa and a first gen ZX 14
So I want a first gen to go with my other busa
looking at a 2007 Hayabusa
just wondering if there is anything in particular I should look for or know about when I go to see it
Thanks all
Johnnie Phatt

Welcome back. I can't remember these exact name of the part but I believe it's the clutch rod seal. Anyways, that can go bad and I believe the cases have to be split to change correctly. Second gear is also known to go out but that would require a test ride or an honest seller. The connector from there stator to regulator is also known to melt.

-A 2nd gear that hasn't been beat on by drag racing or a ham fisted inexperienced rider making sloppy 1st to 2nd shifts. Having said that most are problem free.
-The fuel pump goes out at some point. If it stumbles above 5 to 6 thou that's probably the problem. There are lots of aftermarket replacements that are a better quality than the stock pump and WAY cheaper.
-The regulator rectifier will crap out at some point, mine did at 70thou, used low miles stock Suzuki one are cheap on Ebay.
- Any model year from 03 and up are good to go as by then Suzuki fixed the fuel system, the bendy subframe, the starter clutch and a few other things.
-The clutch push rod seal might leak, it's unprotected fight in front of the drive sprocket. I suspect the problem stems of over enthusiastic application of sticky chain lube that collects under the cover mixes with road grime and turns into black grinding paste on the push rod that gets pushed into the seal. I've got 100thou with no problems as do many others.
-I won't bore a older experienced rider such as yourself with all the regular stuff you should check on an older motorbike. LOL

cheers
ken

Back