Beake pads upgrade

Diggi

Registered
Hey guys!! Hows everyone..hope all safe from covid??
So im looking to upgrade the brake pads and brakelines on my 2019 busa. I have the options for EBC HH , SBS street, and Galfer
So here is what i want to know
1. Which brand is best? (Cost is almost the same)
2. Which has the max bite? (The dealer said that galfer has the best bite. Im a hard braker and want it to stop on a dime)
3. There are pads available which say for "track and road use" . Does that mean i can use it for normal road riding also? I dont race on track by a just a few street races often. (Eg. SBS RST for both track and street...dealer says they will last just about 2000-3000 kms.) Also...do they require to be warmed up for optimal performance?
Brakelines --- im getting HEL
What are your views on them?
Since it has to run through the ABS unit..will the requirement be 2-3 times more the standard length? (And hence the cost?)
How long should it take to take the oem out and install these?
All views are welcome as always

Ohh.....and why is that? Are there ay pads that can be used for both?
Pads designed for track use require heat to work properly, running them on the street doesn't subject them to enough of it...

...and they are of a more abrasive compound which eats up rotors...

The pads @WuzzaCBXRider indicated could be used for both depending on how hard you ride at the track...

I don't think you'll notice a large improvement over stock by going to aftermarket pads and brake lines. I haven't. I like kevlar lines over braided stainless steel because kevlar is very lightweight. It holds up just fine, I've had kevlar lines on one of my bikes for 10 years. EBC sintered pads are good. It will probably take about 2 hours to change front and rear pads. The brake lines might take about 4 hours. I usually say things take longer than most other people do but for me, that's how much time I would expect to spend. I'd actually reserve an entire day to do both pads and lines.

I don't think you'll notice a large improvement over stock by going to aftermarket pads and brake lines. I haven't. I like kevlar lines over braided stainless steel because kevlar is very lightweight. It holds up just fine, I've had kevlar lines on one of my bikes for 10 years. EBC sintered pads are good. It will probably take about 2 hours to change front and rear pads. The brake lines might take about 4 hours. I usually say things take longer than most other people do but for me, that's how much time I would expect to spend. I'd actually reserve an entire day to do both pads and lines.
I guess it's all about how you ride and what kind of stresses your brakes undergo..

Each and every riding test on the Hayabusa regardless of generation has reported the brakes are the worst feature of the bike.

My bike has zero brake fade and are in my opinion, excellent after going with kevlar lines, Brembo MC/calipers, EBC rotors and EBC HH sintered pads...

If you want to go a little less expensive, I'll bet just a good master cylinder would make a nice improvement all by itself.
It would improve brake effort but in the end if you ride hard or in hot conditions brake fade is inevitable....those rubber lines swell and some pads will glaze..

There is a reason why high end and high performance bikes have the brakes they have and companies have gone towards primarily Brembo calipers, non-rubber lines and better M/Cs.

Even my '85 GSXR race bike had braided lines when it came from Suzuki and I don't know of any other race bike of that era with rubber lines.

As already mentioned, I have put a Brembo 19RCS M/C on my 13 and made a big difference. You will have to change brake lines as well. Bleeding brakes is as a normal system.
I have one on mine as well-sure adds braking power...

Really sad Suzuki didn't have the "wherewithal" to put decent M/Cs on the new bike instead of the parts bin BKing ones they did use...

Back