Be careful w/ used Busas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I heard a heartbreaking story yesterday. Seems that this guy wanted a Busa and found someone who'd sell a blue real cheap. So he put down 3500 bucks(guy seemed really cool, didn't ask for a receipt) on the bike, then found out the seller was in jail for unknown reasons to be extradited out of state. So he went to the warehouse where the bike WAS. Byebye $3500 and blue.

Beware of con artists.

How fuc*'n dumb was he. He placed $3,500.00 down on a bike and didn't see it? i don't know about you but i'll be damned if I put ANY money down on a bike I haven't seen or Touched. Nothing against your friend, but if he is interested i got a bridge I could sell him very cheap. he could make his money money back on the toll charges :)

[This message has been edited by Ambush (edited 19 August 2000).]

No he had seen and ridden the bike and seen the seller race it at the strip, appeared to be a good friend...NOT. Had known the dude a while too.
Classic con artist setup, huh?

SUX.

Remember the one where this woman said her son had died in the iraq war and she was getting rid of his 1 yr old busa for 4 grand but you need to send the money first??? I think it was on ebay

nother 6 year old thread...
tounge.gif

Remember the one where this woman said her son had died in the iraq war and she was getting rid of his 1 yr old busa for 4 grand but you need to send the money first??? I think it was on ebay
I actually heard a similar one to this one- The guy claimed his brother was in Italy and died due to some reason, and the family was so taken by the death they couldn't bare the sight of the bike any longer, b/c he loved it so much..

Cue up the violins.

BUSAFETT

Not to poke fun but what a dumb arse, why would you give anyone money without riding the bike. Especially a Busa. That's like buying a Corvette for a great deal without driving or seeing it. Probably has a blown engine or an engine that has been ran extremely hard. Some people have to learn the hard way...

What a moron...the only way a deal should go down is, "Here's the money now give me the title and keys so I can take her home."

When I was lookin for a Busa I came across at least 10 ebay scams where the seller would say that the bike was in another country and he would ship it to me free of charge. One guy even went to the extent of creating a fake "Square Trade Motors" invoice - complete with Sqaure Trade Logos and colors. He said Sqaure Trade would hold the money for me in escrow until the bike arrived. I called Square Trade and they have a recording as soon as they answer the phone that alerts people that they DO NOT PROVIDE ESCROW SERVICES. With a little research I found out that there is no such company as Sqaure Trade Motors... but it was a damn good spoof!!

I feel bad for the guy who got scammed outta his $3500, but ya gotta be careful with your hard earned money!!

-G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back