Battery

If it gets below 40f alot where you live, remove lithium before temps dip or performance suffers. If it's low alot there acid is best..

Not sure why you were told to stay away from Ballistic. It is an excellent battery. I've been using one for some time. I've had no problems starting the bike in 40 degree temps. It actually does get that cold or colder sometimes at night and early morning in So Cal. If it gets a lot colder than that, just turn on the key and let the headlight and gauges sit, lit up for 30 seconds. The current draw from the lights heats up the battery and will make the bike easy enough to start.

Why spend hundreds of dollars on some battery that is fairly new technoligy and only backs it up with a 1 year warranty :dunno:
My Yuasa has given me many problem free starts as I begin to replace it since its orginal install date of 10/08..( The battery is still great but I am replacing it to reduce an enternal short since I plan on doing some long distant trips this year)
For under 70 bucks your getting a battery with proven reliabilty! Not really sure why you guys are spending close to 200 bucks for something
with only a one year battery and have to buy a special charger :dunno:

I can see if your a drag racer, track racer trying to shave off that .010 of a second for weight reduction, but when it comes to my street bike I am looking for a proven name in batteries Yuasa thanks for the many years of realible service.

What about Motobatt? I've heard good things about em and at only $70 not bad

image-1258492659.jpg

Why spend hundreds of dollars on some battery that is fairly new technoligy and only backs it up with a 1 year warranty :dunno:
.... Not really sure why you guys are spending close to 200 bucks for something with only a one year battery and have to buy a special charger :dunno:

Ballistic Batteries come with a 3 year warranty and you don't need the special charger. That's optional and not required under the warranty. The special charger does balance charging and can extend the life of the battery even beyond the 3 years. In addition, the ballistic battery is 1.7 lbs compared to about 8lbs for a standard lead acid battery. It is also about 1/3rd smaller than a standard battery.

Yeah I gotta agree with SoCal, heard and seen nothing but good things about the Ballistic Lithiums. I'm curious to know the reasons why whomever told you to stay away from that brand? Also not only are they substantially lighter, and last longer the cranking power of the battery is fantastic! Much stronger than traditional and other lithium brands

Ballistic batteries have a higher CCA than Shorai. Don't be fooled by Shorai deceptive advertising when they state their amp hour rating. They use a formula that supposedly gives you an equivalent Sealed Lead Acid battery rating (since they discharge differently). Their actual amp hour rating is much lower but they don't advertise the actual amp hour rating. Ballistic advertises the actual amp hour rating followed by the sealed lead acid equivalent.

Finally, Ballistic batteries are made in the USA.

08, I think its time before she leaves you sitting this year.:whistle:
Ohhh no DO3 sitting on the side of the road with an internal shorted battery on his phone keeping up his post count waiting on AAA:laugh:
No smart phone for me. Well there was an internet option prior to smart phones but I've never had it. Hoping I still have a year or two, but yes, being stranded out of town would suck and probably limit options

I still have the factory battery in my bike. It's an 06 with seventy thousand miles on it. The last ten thousand has been in a24 volt setup. On the battery tender everyday after riding and has never not started. Even with bike hot the 1507@ 14 to 1 comp starts. It seems I'm lucky. I considered getting diff batteries but figured why mess with a good thing

I still have the factory battery in my bike. It's an 06 with seventy thousand miles on it. The last ten thousand has been in a24 volt setup. On the battery tender everyday after riding and has never not started. Even with bike hot the 1507@ 14 to 1 comp starts. It seems I'm lucky. I considered getting diff batteries but figured why mess with a good thing

I don't think this qualifies as a good reference. Two batteries of almost any type will work every time if you charge them regularly. Believe me I know. I have a pep boys brand battery and a fbg battery on my setup. Probably overkill but its always ready especially when the motor get really hit from sitting in traffic.

Back