Battery

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Well the battery is finally dead in the Busa lasted 4 years. I was wondering if i could fill the cells back up with the acid. and just recharge it. I used to work at the local suzuki dealer so i have acess to things most people dont. :laugh:

guess it can't hurt to try that option first and see if that old battery still has some life left in it.

that could work but usually when a battery dies its because the cells give up not the acid.

:whistle: $65 bucks. Send out tomorrow.

Motorcycle Batteries | MotoBatt - Gel Sealed, Ready to Use | Pashnit Moto

MBTZ10S-2_300.jpg

MBTZ10S-2_300.jpg

if i buy tonight when will it be here:whistle:

Generally 3 days for shipping if we have it in stock. I have one left of the 9U's right now (Gen-I). Ship Friday, have Monday.

Just got orders in today to ship one to the Bronx, and one to Singapore.

Freakin' Singapore. :thumbsup:

You are not supposed to ever refill a battery with acid. Just use distilled water. All the ions your battery needs should be in there from the original fill from acid.

Something most people do not know: the strength of the acid (remember "molar" from your high school chemistry class?) is not the same for all lead-acid batteries. You are measuring that strength when you do the proper test of the acid using a hydrometer (the little glass tube thing, which measures the "specific gravity" which relates to acid strength). Airplane batteries use a much stronger acid than regular automotive/motorcycle batteries, and airplane batteries actually produce a slightly higher voltage. Refilling a car battery with more acid will increase the acid strength, but that battery is not made to handle that and you risk a catastrophic failure (as in, the case cracks).

New battery is the way to go. You should also invest in a Battery Minder for $40. This device can desulphate your dead battery and often rescue all but the deadest of the dead.
Amazon.com: BatteryMINDer Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator - 1.3 Amp, 12 Volt, Model# 12117: Automotive
it will pay for itself with the first battery you rescue. It's good for the environment too!

I swapped my OEM battery from my '05 this winter for the MotoBatt. I wasn't having any problems with the OEM battery, but I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you're near me, you can have my OEM battery until you get a new one... if you're close enough.

EDIT: 6 hours away from Cleveland...

Last edited:
New battery is the way to go. You should also invest in a Battery Minder for $40. This device can desulphate your dead battery and often rescue all but the deadest of the dead.
Amazon.com: BatteryMINDer Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator - 1.3 Amp, 12 Volt, Model# 12117: Automotive
it will pay for itself with the first battery you rescue. It's good for the environment too!

I already have one had it since i bought the bike in 07 pull the Battery out every winter and let it charge it just went dead LOL

Back