Battery Took A Dump

piratediverjefff

Registered
Can't complain though,has been in the bike since new in 2011.:laugh:Has been on a tender 24/7 for 6 years and the last few times I started it had bogged down a little but did start,today had just enough to sweep the needles and that was it,then totally dead.Will pick up another OEM this week,have always had good luck with them and 6 years is a pretty good run.

To tell you the truth bro I'm not sure if I should've left mine on a tender 24/7,supposedly it's ok but I've read a few posts over the years that have said not to.Maybe this time around I'll just leave it on for a day or two per week.

At this point we can use mine as the experiment. During riding season (you will have to look it up :poke:) I will pug it up about once a month. Just until it reaches full charge. During the winter (you can look that one up too :D) I will plug it up once a week until full charge. Usally takes less than 15 minutes.

You folks are doing pretty good!!!

I don't get much more than 1 year on a battery, using the standard stock Yuasa batteries. This time around I just got a battery from Walmart and we will see how it goes.

I don't do a good job with charging though, so sometimes the bike will sit for a few months with no charger. Also, the bike has an alarm which draws about 4mA and I never bother to disconnect it.

My Dual Sport on the other hand has zero battery draw when parked and the battery seems to last forever.

I think that makes a huge difference. I don't have anything (extra) drawing on the battery when the bike is off. I do have a 12v plug in the trunk that is a constant but rarely use it.

To tell you the truth bro I'm not sure if I should've left mine on a tender 24/7,
supposedly it's OK~ but I've read a few posts over the years that have said not to .

Maybe this time around I'll just leave it on for a day or two per week .

Just plug the tender in before a ride ~ when you see the green light on, it's ready to roll . . .

4b863834c6d0a2c668d4ea5107404bb1.jpg

Can't complain though,has been in the bike since new in 2011.:laugh:Has been on a tender 24/7 for 6 years and the last few times I started it had bogged down a little but did start,today had just enough to sweep the needles and that was it,then totally dead.Will pick up another OEM this week,have always had good luck with them and 6 years is a pretty good run.

Wow!! That has got to be a very long and strong cord!!:D

My 08 is still on the original battery. I can't wait for it to give some warning signs. I really like the Shorai I havein my other bike (that one is 8 years old) and I might try an even lighter battery for the busa.

YTX12A-BS Motorcycle Battery for SUZUKI GSX-R1000 Year (05-17) $36.40 - Free shipping *

https://www.walmart.com/ip/YTX12A-BS-Motorcycle-Battery-for-SUZUKI-GSX-R1000-Year-05-17/570468910

Going to try out a cheap - 0 - Wally World battery ~^~ could not find a cheaper price without a core charge *

View attachment 1584359

We will just have to see how this ~ Pirate Battery holds up over time *
i had one of those off ebay…. it worked on my stock busa….. for one year

Had one of those off eBay . . .

It worked on my stock Hayabusa . . .

For one year .

1 year because it failed or you sold the 2002 Hayabusa ~ as I will accept the challenge to see if it will last longer *

Only connect the battery tender ~ right before you plan to go for a ride *

1 year because it failed or you sold the 2002 Hayabusa ~ as I will accept the challenge to see if it will last longer *

Only connect the battery tender ~ right before you plan to go for a ride *
I never put the battery on a tender... people kept stealing my extension cords(condo)… but I bought a new 35 dollar battery every year on the 02.... the winter destroys em…. I tried a cheapo on the turbo... it wouldn't even start it one time....

The 1397 in Tango takes quite a bit to crank when hot and I had a few moments of "uh-oh".
I bought a ZeroGravity and zero issues since. Well worth it in my opinion. I have a Shorai in the Tuono and it's been super too.

Back