Battery Problem?

wuggzwest

Registered
Hey guys,

Its been just about 5 weeks since Iv started my gen 2 busa up. I went to start it tonight and it wouldn't start up. Popped the clutch and got her started a few minutes later then went for a nice quick 30 minute ride to get some juice in the battery, came back, shut the bike off and then back on and it started but you can see the battery needs to be charged because it hesitated a little. My question is, is this common? I have an aftermarket LED kit by drastik plastix on the bike (dealer installed) but It wasnt on, I didnt leave it on or anything while the bike was stored for 5 weeks. Is this unusual? Im buying a battery tender tomorrow so I can juice up the battery fully, properly. Thanks for any help and info you can give me. The bike is brand new with about 450 miles on it. I dont get to ride it much unfortunately though.

Question, put the battery back in the bike today after the charge. Seems to start fine, When I hit the start button I get my usual 1-2 second delay before the engine turns over(on). I shut it on and off a few times (not sure if thats good or not, probably not) and I noticed the more I turned it on and off and then immediately back on the longer it took the engine to turn over. Then I shut it off for about a minute, then turned it back on again and it was normal with the 1-2 second delay prior the engine turning on. Is this normal or is there a problem? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

when u turn it on for a short amount of time ur just draining the battery it takes alil while for the bike to actually charge the battery....

if u still have receipt i would try to exchange it, and if u cant get a new one then i would just put it on slow charge it all the way back up then keep it on a battery tender right when u get done riding it,

but im cheap and i use something till it cant be used at all no more, i would just keep useing it if i couldnt get a free replacement

if u still have receipt i would try to exchange it, and if u cant get a new one then i would just put it on slow charge it all the way back up then keep it on a battery tender right when u get done riding it,

I would actually try to get it tested and exchanged also if possible. After a battery dies the battery will never hold a charge as well as a new one.

Well if the battery had any sort of problem, the charger I purchased wouldnt charge it. Its able to recognize if the battery is dead or if it has any problems. Also the battery in the bike is the one that came with it 400 miles ago, when I bought the bike.

Well if the battery had any sort of problem, the charger I purchased wouldnt charge it. Its able to recognize if the battery is dead or if it has any problems. Also the battery in the bike is the one that came with it 400 miles ago, when I bought the bike.

it will charge and hold a charge it just wont be 100% for example instead of lasting like 5 years it may last 3 or 4 or less, but as long as u dont keep on letting it die all the way and u dont abuse the battery u will have decent life out of it

Good to know, thanks bud. What would you recommend for an upgraded battery for a Gen 2? I just hope its not the bike and its the battery.

i like batteries plus-Busa does not like sitting doing nothing-try to ride at least once a week to keep Busa happy----

nicholas-if you are from atlanta you are so lucky to be that close to north georgia mountains-my favorite place to ride----

nicholas-if you are from atlanta you are so lucky to be that close to north georgia mountains-my favorite place to ride----

i havent had the chance to ride in the mountains yet but my mom and her friends are always bragging about them, atm my bike is down and im waiting on parts to finsh her clutch

Back