Bar risers

Boulderite

Registered
Newbie here. Appears for the most economical set up for handle bar risers are Helibars with 3/4" max risers. With GENMAR out of biz is there an alternate riser available? I can't even find a picture of what GENMAR busa risers or install look like. Thanks in advance !

@Boulderite .... skip the helibars and risers.... I had them, it wasn't enough. go all the way and get the new top clamp and handle bars - makes all the difference.

Agree clean! That will be my first mod. Purchased insurance today, tags and order ABM/LSL next week. Reading about exhaust and lower pegs now.

Get the abm/lsl set. Do not use the uk company. Although the product is good the wait , communication and lack of customer support makes them horrible.

Get the abm/lsl set. Do not use the uk company. Although the product is good the wait , communication and lack of customer support makes them horrible.
This. do not use uk topyokes at any cost. the guy does not give a poop about his customers. my experience was horrible.

Definitely order from the American based ABM/LSL.

Newbie here. Appears for the most economical set up for handle bar risers are Helibars with 3/4" max risers. With GENMAR out of biz is there an alternate riser available? I can't even find a picture of what GENMAR busa risers or install look like. Thanks in advance !

have look at my page with a pic of a gen2 with 15mm high self made risers

using these rounds you only can lift the upper bar holding yoke
without any cuttings at the screen

or you can drop the entire bike´s front 15 mm down to get it more agile
also without any cuttings at all.

or

you get the wide bar like in the movie above ( i call this a superbike / sb-bar)
and!
you can mount it also without any cuttings if you
a. give a little space between the cluth/brake master and the switches at both sides
so
b. fasten the bar that way that it touches the screen only very very lightl/ 1 mm gap betweeny
c. the screen can dive into that gap
and the screen needs NO cutting at all ;)

that i built at my ´00 gen1 - see here this page
and as far as i know the same success will be yours with the gen2

what you need for the sb-bar are other mirrors - see here my 3 examples
(i personally prefer the suzuki mirrors visable at the 1st two pics)

if you then want to "move" the bar some 25-30 mm up and back there are some pieces like these
49.d8.03.LSLRiseUp100213123860RED17.jpg

that all a buddy built at his ´99 also without any cuttings at his screen. (sorry got no pics of that yet)

Have tallest helibars. Work great for me (5-foot-9). Good tuck, more comfortable than extreme racing but not upright like a BMW K bike.
I found lowering pegs makes it more comfortable too.

Use bikermart. Simon is excellent to deal with and hasn’t let me down in over 5 years.

Back