Back From The Dyno

I think ill give these stacks a try. I wonder where my bike is on hp. 2013 sprint filter, alien head pipe, pcv, brocks pump track map on 93pump

I think ill give these stacks a try. I wonder where my bike is on hp. 2013 sprint filter, alien head pipe, pcv, brocks pump track map on 93pump

He (tuner)said he thinks they were good for 3-4 hp(I wasn't aware that the Gen II's came with all 4 tall stacks compared to 2 short/2 tall on the Gen I's)and thought maybe I'd lose some mid-range but I didn't.Hard to say on your bike though bro,depending on where you live with temp.,humidity,oil wt.,etc. being factors,and I'm pretty sure the stretch will lose you a bit at the rear wheel.You have all the good shyt though,about the only things I see different between us would be the swb,Alisyn oil,and I was using Shell 89 octane and a 44T rear sprocket.Mine was rich as hell when I took it in and runs way better/smoother now.

I also found out the difference once getting the factory rich TAFR leaned out. Just did a woolich log box pr with a wideband Runs like a new bike. PCV doesnt have anything on this full ecu tune thing. The brocks maps i was running ran horribly rich.

Most of the 100% stock Gen I's I've seen on a dyno seem to run around 150-152 rwhp(SAE)and with a good full exhaust and tune around 162-163 rwhp(SAE).Gen II's seem to run about 25 rwhp higher mod for mod.Lots of variables between dynos,software,and operators though,and can read up or down maybe 10 hp depending on whether or not the dyno is considered "stingy" or "happy".Little things can make a difference too,such as all short stacks,air filter,oil wt.,gas used(octane rating/Gen I's seem to make the most hp on 87 and Gen II's on 89),chain adjusted properly,rear tire selection,gearing,etc.,etc.,etc.

Running 87 is ok. Isnt that to low for the comp. ratio? Also where did you dyno your bike? I live close to you!

Mornin' bro,nice bike and welcome to the board(just sent you a PM)!

87 octane is generally fine in a Gen I(makes the most hp according to Brock and a lot of guys who regularly race),unless you're running the snot out of it on a 100 degree day,then I'd probably go to 89 just for some peace of mind.:laugh:I've always ran nothing but 89 in my Gen II since new in 2011 with no issues at all so by all means run whatever you feel comfortable with,but never any need for more than 87-89 octane in a Gen I.

Some of us are going out tomorrow morning,meeting at Tom's Farms(about 10 miles south of you)at 10:00 and going up the Ortega Highway/Hells Kitchen,etc. so by all means come on by and go with us(or come on by the house first and ride up with me,address and phone # in the PM I just sent you).:thumbsup:

Jeff

...and Bobby B,if you see this drag your old azz out of the house tomorrow morning and come with us.:laugh:

87 octane is generally fine in a Gen I(makes the most hp according to Brock and a lot of guys who regularly race),unless you're running the snot out of it on a 100 degree day,then I'd probably go to 89 just for some peace of mind.:laugh:I've always ran nothing but 89 in my Gen II since new in 2011 with no issues at all so by all means run whatever you feel comfortable with,but never any need for more than 87-89 octane in a Gen I.

Some of us are going out tomorrow morning,meeting at Tom's Farms(about 10 miles south of you)at 10:00 and going up the Ortega Highway/Hells Kitchen,etc. so by all means come on by and go with us(or come on by the house first and ride up with me,address and phone # in the PM I just sent you).:thumbsup:

Jeff

...and Bobby B,if you see this drag your old azz out of the house tomorrow morning and come with us.:laugh:

Correction!Never any need in my opinion for any more than 87-89 octane in a STOCK motored Gen I(before someone calls me on it because of a 13 to 1 1397/1441,etc.:laugh:).

:rofl:

Wish you were here bro,you could lead the pack with one of those stand up wheelies.:beerchug:

I might bust out the GoPro and if so will post up a vid for you(nothin' like rubbin' it in :laugh:).

Right on man, wish I could too:laugh:

Have a good time and come back in one piece!

Jeff

Alright,see you two(Jeremy and Bobby B)at 10:00 tomorrow morning at Tom's.:race:

...and don't worry about really getting there much before 10:30,some of those guys are notorious bull****ters and war story tellers and are never on time.:laugh:

Back