Back From The Dyno

:thumbsup: 7 more than what you wanted that always good. Other than the new stacks and filter what have you done to it. Other than the obvious color advantage. :laugh:

:laugh:

That's it bro,just the stacks,filter,Alisyn oil with the Petron Plus,Iridium plugs,etc. and on Shell 89 octane...I'm guessing the color black was good for a couple hp.:laugh:

And on 89. Helz yeah. :thumbsup:. Guess I know where my next 250 is going. That's the only difference and I just barely hit 190. $250 8hp that easier than losing weight.

That's the way I see it too,usually it's about a $100 per hp so I figure I'm ahead of the game.:laugh:

I thought all Busas came with 2 tall and 2 short stacks but these are the 4 that came out of mine and they all look the same to me(maybe just a screw up from the factory?).I think my biggest power gain came from the short stacks(and they're only as tall as the upper ring of the bases on these stockers).

377751-91fb7fa9f37965cccc6fe21c438391e9.jpg

377752-982bcb91f7bed50c94606631c298b7b9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pretty surprised for just a stock motor with short stacks,Brocks pipe,etc.,was thinking maybe 189-190 so the 198(almost,may as well round up:laugh:)is great.A head and cam package would be my next move bro,good enough for an old bastid of 62.:laugh:

I was pretty surprised for just a stock motor with short stacks,Brocks pipe,etc.,was thinking maybe 189-190 so the 198(almost,may as well round up:laugh:)is great.A head and cam package would be my next move bro,good enough for an old bastid of 62.:laugh:
shiit, todays 61 is yesterdays 41 lol. I know guys in their mid 60's that are tough as nails and ride hard. 61 aint notn. thats got to be fun on the street.

so still no urge for another Turbo bike?

I hear ya,I still do most of the shyt at 61 that I did at 21,just not as much of it.:laugh:Since the economy went downhill funds are limited so no Super Ultra(which is what I'd have if affordable and the only way to fly when goin' turbo)in the near future,this one gets me around at a good clip and will have to do.

Wow I need to put my 1441 on that Dyno I think she would make 250hp on race gas

If done right it just might.Most any stock Gen II with just a Brocks pipe will be in the mid to upper 180's with just a decent tune and nothing else,I paid extra close attn. to all of the little details which I doubt most people do(ECU reflashed and raised rpm limit an extra 500,chain lubed/adjusted/and rear wheel in alignment[being out slightly will rob a couple hp],all short stacks[good for another 2-3 hp],new Sprint filter[and not an over oiled K&N],swb and 38psi in a medium compound tire[not a 6" over arm with a soft tire],Alisyn oil[and not some 40 or 50 wt.],and a shop that builds and campaigns race bikes as their main function).Maybe it would have read a few lower on someone else's dyno(with the same attn. to all of the little details)and maybe not(like they say,dyno's just a tuning aid anyways),all I know is the bike runs way smoother and pulls harder all throughout the rpm range than when I took it in so I didn't mind paying the $350.:laugh:

If done right it just might.Most any stock Gen II with just a Brocks pipe will be in the mid to upper 180's with just a decent tune and nothing else,I paid extra close attn. to all of the little details which I doubt most people do(ECU reflashed and raised rpm limit an extra 500,chain lubed/adjusted/and rear wheel in alignment[being out slightly will rob a couple hp],all short stacks[good for another 2-3 hp],new Sprint filter[and not an over oiled K&N],swb and 38psi in a medium compound tire[not a 6" over arm with a soft tire],Alisyn oil[and not some 40 or 50 wt.],and a shop that builds and campaigns race bikes as their main function).Maybe it would have read a few lower on someone else's dyno(with the same attn. to all of the little details)and maybe not(like they say,dyno's just a tuning aid anyways),all I know is the bike runs way smoother and pulls harder all throughout the rpm range than when I took it in so I didn't mind paying the $350.:laugh:

...and only 83 degrees with 30% humidity at sea level didn't hurt,I've been around dyno rooms where it's 95+ degrees and so humid you're drippin',definitely not good for a NA motor.

Gen I's have the two different length stacks. Gen IIs run the long stacks in all four positions as you saw. I have seen a good 4hp gain on top with short stacks, so I'm not too surprised you got such good results with mods you listed. I agree, the attention to detail will make a difference in the power delivered to that tire. Nice work.

Thanks bro,never knew the I and II ran different length stacks(and you're right,if I was gonna shell out $350 for a tune I wanted to get the most out of it :laugh:).:thumbsup:

Back