B King windshields

Discussion in 'B-King General Discussion' started by mmissile, Jan 7, 2010.

1. mmissile

mmissile Registered

Does anyone have a concise list of what's available? I'd really like to see what's out there, before I buy something I hate.

Thanks, Mike/MMissile

2. sunnyle

sunnyle Registered

Ditto, windshields don't come cheap.

3. erixgix

erixgix Registered

Aren't windshields what they put in cars?

4. mmissile

mmissile Registered

that was helpful

5. nhgunnut

nhgunnut Registered

I have the Power Bronze , I would avoid it. It mounts on by drilling the headlight cover and vibrates like crazy. I have modded it so it is stable but I would find something else. V Stream and Puig are getting good reviews

6. mmissile

mmissile Registered

Thanks, I was looking at the VStream.

7. Max Speed

Max Speed Registered

8. mmissile

mmissile Registered

I got in touch with National Cycle about the VStream winshield. It covers the whole top of the headlite housing, and adds some width as well. I think it may give the most wind coverage. It also mounts like the earlier GSXR windshields, with tubular uprights from the triple-clamp. Looks pretty well thought-out. I seem to be down to 2 choices.

9. Good2Bking

Good2Bking Registered

Well, here is the Vstream mounted on my King:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. raydog

raydog Enjoying 1 road at a time Donating Member

That is certainly the nicest BK I've ever seen. The windscreen looks perfect. Raydog

11. mmissile

mmissile Registered

Thanks for the pics. Your bike looks great. That shield is pretty large. Does it move, or have any other issues?
    Thanks, Mike/MMissile

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  12. Good2Bking

Good2Bking Registered

Thanks Raydog! Mmissile, I have had no issues whatsoever with the shield. It's sturdy and doesn't move and I've been up to about 110 with it...I got it off my site on a group buy for $200 so I couldn't refuse!

13. Bandit21

Bandit21 Registered

14. suncoast

suncoast Registered

Bumping an old thread I'm just wondering if there are any other options out there or how the V-Stream or Puig screens seem to be holding up? I'm trying to decide between the 2.

15. Black Clover

Black Clover Registered

Can't speak for the Puig...
    My V-Stream holds up well to mid 9's@145 mph. I visit the dragstrip almost every weekend with zero issues.
    Not to mention it's a daily driver. I can recommend it with confidence as it provides more than adequate wind protection.