Avon Storm Ultra 2 milage on a Gen 2?

busanutt

Registered
I see a lot of talk about people buying tires but haven found what people have gotten for mileage life on these. Just bought the Storm Ultra 2 for my cross country trip in July (Ma to CA) and was just wondering peoples opinions. Im still on the stock tires with 5500 on the Gen 2 and plan on switching over come July. My father has the original storms on his Gen 1 and got 14000 out of them I got the same with the Avon venoms on my 95 Vmax. How did you all do?

You've still got the original BT-015 at 5500 miles??? That's over 2x's what I got of mine with only street riding. You must be REALLY light on the throttle.

I wouldnt say im to light on the throttle very aggressive at times but I have been trying to see what I can get for mpgs (52 was best I avg 45 tho) so for now I have been behaving even tho everyone I ride with says I need to slow down threw the corners. They shoulda bought a busa and they wouldnt have that problem.:laugh:

I barely got 3k out of original rear tire. I primarily ride 2up and get about 7k out of Storms. At 16k miles on my 09, I am on my second Storm 2U. Still over half the tire left.

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

Avon Venoms on a VMAX...... I had a 98 VMAX on Nitrous. After 400 miles I took it off and threw it away! It was the worst tire I ever ran on my VMAX. Since then I will NEVER buy another AVON tire plus the name AVON sounds like some womens makeup company... hmm ohh it is:whistle:
5500 miles on the Bridgestone BT and still going, Really? Well maybe you ride in mode C or never twist the wick in that case the Avon tires may be good for your riding style.

wow the people I talk to around here seem to like that tire. I do have to admit it is a womens company name. A vmax with nos that must have been a rush.....The original bridgstones I was running on the vmax I was lucky to get 5000 out of it. This didnt help the tire but pic is priceless! thanks for the input guys keep it comming

Burnout 001.jpg

You guys have to be kidding?? If you could make a tire as durable as a certain part of a women's anatomy you would be rich and it would never wear out! Avon is as close to that as we can get:whistle:

You guys have to be kidding?? If you could make a tire as durable as a certain part of a women's anatomy you would be rich and it would never wear out! Avon is as close to that as we can get:whistle:

Once again, depends on how hard you ride it ???

The Gen I and II appear to be a little different in tire wear. I use to get two rears to the front on the gen I can't say that about the Gen II. I've been running the storms and have a set of ultras on now. I've been getting around 6K Rear and 8K Front. You obviously ride a lot easier than I do.

I'm thinking if you throw a front and rear on before you make your trip you'll do it on a set. From memory you'll still need an oil change along the way.

I've got 7800 miles, on the originals for my 09' Gen II. Of course, I don't ride too aggressive (but I will from time, to time). I don't spin, or grip the tires hard (so that might make a difference). I'm good with the way I ride, & very pleased that I'm getting the mileage that I am, on the originals. To each his own :)

The way I see it. I'll eventually, buy another stock rear tire (just to match the front, which won't be worn enough to change). When it's time to replace both, I think I'll try a set of Avon's.

Back