Atlanta Cop gives woman a mike tyson right cross!

He actually hit her twice. First one was across the table at :03 second mark. Like a hard slap or weak punch?
Then she stood up and came back for more which he took a full swing at her. Hit her square on the cheek too! What if he had broken her face and put her in a coma? Would she still deserve it?

She was wrong and he was wrong. Momma always said two wrongs don't make a right.
Take away their leo status and what he did would be looked at completely different. Kinda seems like he lost his cool and got into a bar fight with a drunken woman? I don't think more video would show them to be anymore right.

Take another look or two. I agree he slapped her across the face lightly from memory after she grabbed him. I though he swung and missed but after watching it a few more times he grabs her face. Yes , with his size and a swing he would have probably shattered a cheek bone.

Take away the leo status; whatever that is and he wouldn't have been there. After she involves herself with her friends problem she was in the wrong. Add to that she grabbed him and then struck him several times.

The situation could have been handled differently but it's always easy to sit in the recliner, study a short clip a few dozen times and think about what you would have or wouldn't have done. He didn't have that opportunity did he.

Sorry for me he is wrong. It could have been handled another way IMO. I am sure a lawsuit will come from it
Really not enough information to base a good opinion on what happened and what should have happened. My statements are based on watching the video a couple of times. Not much there.

Crowded area, she was interfering with an arrest (?)...I don't think pulling a tazer out would be practical. He punched/shoved her out of the way, she went berserk and she got what was coming. Man or woman...it doesn't matter they were doing their jobs and part of their training is hand to hand combat. She didn't get the message the first time so might as well put an exclamation point on it. Drunk low life trash...don't mess with LEO's while they're trying to remove/arrest someone, you're just asking for it. She got what was coming, she asked for it. +1 for the KO!

Not sure how I feel about it. I`m 44 yrs. old now and have mellowed out big time. I think I`d rather head home and fry my own eggs:laugh:

According to what I watched on tv today their was an investigation and the officer was cleared of any wrong doing. However, the woman was jailed and charged with assault on an officer and drunk and disorderly.

I have to agree with Dadofthree. I think he has a pretty good handle on the situation!

Not sure how I feel about it. I`m 44 yrs. old now and have mellowed out big time. I think I`d rather head home and fry my own eggs:laugh:
So true brother. But with all the Law Enforcement presents. I believe this might have been a call.

After a little more thought...even back in my days of `drunk and disorderly` if a LEO officer had asked ME to shut my pie hole, I would have done my best to oblige..never know what kind of other `contraband` may have surfaced :laugh: I agree with what someone mentioned already, people seem much more disrespectful anymore???

According to what I watched on tv today their was an investigation and the officer was cleared of any wrong doing. However, the woman was jailed and charged with assault on an officer and drunk and disorderly.

I have to agree with Dadofthree. I think he has a pretty good handle on the situation!

Every time someone approaches me about a career in law enforcement I tell them to find another career path. I don't want any of my brothers and sisters here to ever get a handle on what's going on out there. It's getting bad is the understatement of the year. I'm looking at 8 years until retirement or I would be doing something else. Over 50% of the graduates from the SC Law Enforcement Academy leave law enforcement within the first 5 years of graduating. The other 50% like me, are really dedicated to law and order or idiots :laugh:

One more thing dadofthree...clean and sober since `94, a much better way of life!
Congrats. It takes a special person to do it. I drink on occasion but some folks just can't have fun if you know what I mean. People really do things that they normally would not do if sober. Family gatherings are the worse, someone dials 911 and then we get to fight the whole family :laugh:

lol..... she got just what she deserved. places like that can be very volitile. cops never want to work places like that or the diners late at night and call that kinda of work "Blood money". nothing worse then drunk, hungry, ignorant people with all kinds of weapons at their disposal. (Knives, forks, etc....) I guess they dont have tasers down there.

Dude, she was swinging. If she's gonna swing like a man, she better be ready to get hit like a man.

Well if it was me...I would have put her down with the first hit. I did appreciate the panty shot as they were fooling around as the officer was trying to subdue the drunk perp. :whistle:

Take another look or two. I agree he slapped her across the face lightly from memory after she grabbed him. I though he swung and missed but after watching it a few more times he grabs her face. Yes , with his size and a swing he would have probably shattered a cheek bone.

Take away the leo status; whatever that is and he wouldn't have been there. After she involves herself with her friends problem she was in the wrong. Add to that she grabbed him and then struck him several times.

The situation could have been handled differently but it's always easy to sit in the recliner, study a short clip a few dozen times and think about what you would have or wouldn't have done. He didn't have that opportunity did he.

I was actually laying on the sofa :moon:

:laugh:

Congrats. It takes a special person to do it. I drink on occasion but some folks just can't have fun if you know what I mean. People really do things that they normally would not do if sober. Family gatherings are the worse, someone dials 911 and then we get to fight the whole family :laugh:

My daddy told me that a man never does anything when he is drunk that he didn't WANT to do before he took the first drink! :dunno:

My Brother and I and his son-in-law were in a Local Restuarant many Years Ago. Son-in-law is an FBI agent. He gave us some shirts to wear with the FBI Sacramento LOGO on them days before. so we decided to wear them that night.................It was like Moses Parted the Red Sea. :thumbsup:

Cops don't get much Respect Now days unless your **** hit's the fan and you have No Where to turn. Yes there are BAD COPS out there but the Majority of them are dealing with the BS that we as a Society don't want to look at or deal with. :rulez:

If you don't believe me.................CALL 911 in a 3rd World Country :moon:

Robert

So if your daughter was drunk and acting a fool, you'de be ok with the cop taking aim and "trying" to deck her.
He gave her his best shot and it didn't even phase her:rofl:
There were alot of better ways to handle that.
I've seen cops abuse there authority too many times:moon:
I bet he gets fired.

If it were my daughter (and I have one so i'm not just dealing with a non-reality); I probably wouldn't like it that she got punched, but after I bailed her out and got her home, I'd have to also spank her azz because SHE WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO INTERFERE WITH A POLICE OFFICER! It didn't phase her because he pulled the punch...if he'd hit her square on it would have knocked her out. If he'd had the chance he probably would have tased her instead but didn't look like he had the opportunity in close quarters.

He acted within his training and authority, even though he will still look bad in the court of public opinion.

Dadofthree is spot on!

Chick had no respect, grab an officer like that; knock her the **** out! And if that were my child acting like that in public, you're getting hit when you get home.
Fighting with peers is one thing, but when an officer tells you to shut up, you shut the hell up!

Back