Arizona

Hey Mikey-
You being the organizer, I thought I'd ask you before inviting any others, I got a couple of friends I ride w/ who would love to come...no busas, though
mad.gif
but there is a CBR929 and a coupla SV's, oh-and a coupla harley's (someone's gotta bring up the rear
laugh.gif
) Whadda ya think? Oh, and I was talkin' about the dollar we put up at the restaurant.

Hey Mikey-
     You being the organizer, I thought I'd ask you before inviting any others, I got a couple of friends I ride w/ who would love to come...no busas, though  
mad.gif
but there is a CBR929 and a coupla SV's, oh-and a coupla harley's (someone's gotta bring up the rear  
laugh.gif
) Whadda ya think?  Oh, and I was talkin' about the dollar we put up at the restaurant.
Ed,
As we will be meeting at my home, I need to ask if we can trust all the folk you are bringing.  I feel like this board is family (and I'm probably silly to but...) and I trust you guys.  This is where I live with my family, so if you feel thay these individuals will be upstanding citizens, by all means bring them.  If you have any doubts about the integrity of some of these individuals, please leave them at home.  Please use your better judgement.

Let me know and we'll add them to the official list!

Oh and I've also been thinking of how we are going to locate that dollar!
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: "Cause it needed it!"|1075612542 -->

laugh.gif

Tell you what I'm gonna do. (And I can't do this for everyone)  The big dogs are comming out in March and we go to the pit crew challenge.  The time trials are the first Friday, come on out and you can chaperone.  Get in for $5.00.
Aaah, stop twisting my arm!

biggrin.gif
I'm not kidding!

We go to the pit crew challenge in the AM and watch the cages go down the track for the rest of the day. I haven't gotten the paperwork yet but admission is usually $5.00. It is for the Friday time trials.

Oh, and they usually throw in a lunch also.

Let me know!

I am really AMP'd about the 8th ride!!! cant wait!!!  I hope we get a pretty good turn out.. I will bring my digital camera and take pictures of whomever is there and I should be able to post it that night on this thread so anyone that doesnt go will see what they missed....
biggrin.gif
Just reread your post Thrasher. By all means bring it! I've only got an inexpensive one, but it seems to serve the purpost. Oh and it fits under the hump!
wink.gif

Ed,
As we will be meeting at my home, I need to ask if we can trust all the folk you are bringing. I feel like this board is family (and I'm probably silly to but...) and I trust you guys. This is where I live with my family, so if you feel thay these individuals will be upstanding citizens, by all means bring them. If you have any doubts about the integrity of some of these individuals, please leave them at home. Please use your better judgement.

laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
Mike-
That's why I asked first, they're all good people (most married w/ kids), but wanted to be sure you didn't mind. I'm still kinda unsure about inviting them, they mostly just cruise, and probably wouldn't really enjoy being left everytime the road gets good...but I'll let them know what it's going to be like, and if they're still game...
If we're all family, does that make you my daddy?
laugh.gif

Oh, and is destination set? Did we consider the Salt River Canyon? Dyin' to go that way, haven't done it yet.
AAAssjani.gif

Can't wait for the 8th, ya did good Mikey, gettin' all these folks together, gonna be a blast!!
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

Ed,
As we will be meeting at my home, I need to ask if we can trust all the folk you are bringing.  I feel like this board is family (and I'm probably silly to but...) and I trust you guys.  This is where I live with my family, so if you feel thay these individuals will be upstanding citizens, by all means bring them.  If you have any doubts about the integrity of some of these individuals, please leave them at home.  Please use your better judgement.

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
Mike-
    That's why I asked first, they're all good people (most married w/ kids), but wanted to be sure you didn't mind. I'm still kinda unsure about inviting them, they mostly just cruise, and probably wouldn't really enjoy being left everytime the road gets good...but I'll let them know what it's going to be like, and if they're still game...
    If we're all family, does that make you my daddy?
laugh.gif

Oh, and is destination set? Did we consider the Salt River Canyon? Dyin' to go that way, haven't done it yet.
AAAssjani.gif

Can't wait for the 8th, ya did good Mikey, gettin' all these folks together, gonna be a blast!!
beerchug.gif
Ayyy! Who's Yer Daddy?!?

The wife is pretty perturbed that we're meeting here in the first place.

And I quote, "When were here with our throats slit or our TV and everything else gone..."

But hey, I figure you have to trust people. If you have a good history with your friends, please invite them. We will not be setting any land speed records. I have (possibly) 2 of my firneds coming, Superhawk and Shadow (I know, both Hondas and one cruiser, but they can still come anyway) There is no passing lane and it is still Snowbird season,

(If it is Snowbird season, why can't we hunt them?)

So we might get trapped behind a couple of cages anyway.

I figure since we are leaving so late in the day (1:30 - 2:00) this would be a great intor ride for the
newbie.gif
's

We will definately schedule a Salt River Canyon trip in the future!

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

I am a new Busa owner and I really want to get to know other Arizona Busa owners. My cross streets are 101 and university. I am an excessive speeder looking for others to take high speed trips. I am interested in the Febuary trip. If anyone wants too hook up before then =----LETS GO !!!!
You can post a reply or just call me 602-510-8753. Later

I am a new Busa owner and I really want to get to know other Arizona Busa owners. My cross streets are 101 and university. I am an excessive speeder looking for others to take high speed trips. I am interested in the Febuary trip. If anyone wants too hook up before then =----LETS GO !!!!
You can post a reply or just call me 602-510-8753. Later
Sounds good Mini. This will not be a high speed trip. I will (hopefully) have my wife on the back and we are going with a bunch of other non busa (read slow) folks. But your are definately welcome to come along.

See the next post for details!

Mikey

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Attention!  Attention!</span>

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Feb. 8th Meeting Place Change!</span>

Due to a sudden bout of common sense (pretty rare for me!) and to a good friends reccomendation (thanks Ron!) we will not be meeting at my house.  

We will meet in the Bashas parking lot on the south west corner of Apache Trail (Main Street) and Signal Butte. Meeting time is 1:30 - 2:00. Hope to leave around 2.

As it has been a bit on the chilly side lately, please remember to check your tire pressure before you leave!

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Directions:</span>

Take US 60 (Superstition Freeway) to Signal Butte and Go North for 2 miles to Apache Trail (Main Street).  Make a left into the Bashas Parking lot and look for all the cool bikes and the cooler riders!

Hope to see you all there!

Mikey

Hey Mikey,

Could you possibly scrounge up an address for where we are meeting, that way I can plug it into map quest so I can figure out how to get there from my hotel in Mesa. I am not familiar with the area so I dont know if I should go North, SOuth, West, East, Up, Down.
biggrin.gif

Thanks Mikey,

Ron

FEB 8TH RIDE -

Just wanted to pass this information out for my own benefit, and if other people think it is a good idea maybe we can all do it.

For me... I am from California, no one that I will be riding with on the 8th in Arizona knows me, nor do they know who to contact or what to do if something were to happen to me.... so with that said...

I am going to carry in my front left pocket a piece of paper that is going to have the name and phone number of people to contact in case anything happens to me, I will also include medical insurance information.

So.. if anyone see's a 2003 copper anniversary edition go down and the rider looks to be 5'9 and 225 pounds, that is probably me... just pull the piece of paper out of my front left pocket and call who you have to.

Not that I plan on going down, but just like people say, plan for the worse, hope for the best..

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075834572 -->

FEB 8TH RIDE -

Just wanted to pass this information out for my own benefit, and if other people think it is a good idea maybe we can all do it.

For me... I am from California, no one that I will be riding with on the 8th in Arizona knows me, nor do they know who to contact or what to do if something were to happen to me.... so with that said...

I am going to carry in my front left pocket a piece of paper that is going to have the name and phone number of people to contact in case anything happens to me, I will also include medical insurance information.

So.. if anyone see's a 2003 copper anniversary edition go down and the rider looks to be 5'9 and 225 pounds, that is probably me... just pull the piece of paper out of my front left pocket and call who you have to.

Not that I plan on going down, but just like people say, plan for the worse, hope for the best..
Excellent idea Thrasher.

Don't worry, we will be riding a canyon road. If you go down it will be off a cliff & there won't be enough of that paper left to identify!
wink.gif

J/K - good idea!

And besides there is a 50-50 chance that you won't go off the cliff; the rock face on the other side of the road will surely stop you!

Remember, we are only out for a cruize! The spirited ride will be the Salt River Canyon. There are much bigger cliffs there!

Whew!! thats a relief!! I was thinking someoe was going to have to deal with my body.. it is nice to know it will just go off a cliff and non will have to worry about it... lol

Ok, just so everyone knows.. I take everyone else death's serious, however mine I dont take serious.. It is not a matter of if, it is just a matter of time lol... no worries, I allways make sure if I do something stupid it is only me that will get hurt.

As I have said before however, I normally dont do too many stupid things on motorcycles. But I cant allways prevent some idiot from slamming into me.. Hence why I will be carying contact info in my pocket.

Whew!! thats a relief!! I was thinking someoe was going to have to deal with my body.. it is nice to know it will just go off a cliff and non will have to worry about it... lol

Ok, just so everyone knows.. I take everyone else death's serious, however mine I dont take serious.. It is not a matter of if, it is just a matter of time lol... no worries, I allways make sure if I do something stupid it is only me that will get hurt.

As I have said before however, I normally dont do too many stupid things on motorcycles. But I cant allways prevent some idiot from slamming into me.. Hence why I will be carying contact info in my pocket.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Read My Sig!</span>

5 more days yo!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Official Feb 8th Ride Participation list!</span>
Mikey D - Definately!
super.gif

Thrasherfox - Definately!
super.gif

LCW - Only if he is not going to the drags!
FastinPhoenix - Definately!
super.gif

Africanrider - Definately!
super.gif

Ron & Wife - Yamaha Cruiser - Definately!
super.gif

Come on the rest of ya!

(To be edited as needed)

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075933143 -->

Last edited by a moderator:
I was up there last sunday... Had a blast going through the turns at 40-60mph in the wrong lane... But I was on 4 wheels, not 2. Heres a pic at the top. Watch out for cops... They were all over!

<!--EDIT|F355
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076040059 -->

I was up there last sunday... Had a blast going through the turns at 40-60mph in the wrong lane... But I was on 4 wheels, not 2. Heres a pic at the top. Watch out for cops... They were all over!
That there's the place!

The Saloon is to the back of the photographer.

2 days to go!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Official Feb 8th Ride Participation list!</span>
Mikey D - Definately!
Thrasherfox - Definately!
LCW - Going Racing!
FastinPhoenix - Definately!
Africanrider - Definately!
Ron & Wife - Yamaha Cruiser - Definately!

Come on the rest of ya!

(To be edited as needed)

Back