Apples To Oranges

OB_NitrousJeff

Registered
To all riders, I've seen a lot of talk on this site about zx this and Hyabusa that. I love my zx11 and love the nitrous that's on it too. But The stock zx11 is a 1052cc engine. Comparing it to a 1298cc Hyabusa is'nt really fair in my opinion. I will say Kudos to Suzuki for producing a bike with the amount of power and technology for such a reasonable price. I'm excited to see what Kawi brings out but it won't change my opinion in the fact that we are all here for the same reason. To ride on 2 wheels. it shouldn't matter what you ride or how fast it is. We should all just enjoy sharing the good points and bad points of our bikes and passing that info on to other riders and future riders to help with purchasing decisions. So in closing comparing a bigger bike to a smaller bike is kind of like taking a knife to a gun fight. It's pointless.

I agree with you NJ. We are all in this sport together. I have owned most major brands of sport bikes over the years,and while I confess to always buying the fastest thing out from the factories at any given time, It always becomes a case of " hero today, Zero tomarrow. Last year my ZX-11 was the fastest. (Blackbirds not withstanding at only one MPH faster) This year its the Hayabusa. Tomarrow who knows? These bikes all have far more capabilities then most of us have skill. The GSX,& ZX are both fine bikes to own. I don't mind comparing them to each other. The GSX is faster hands down. The ZX in my opinion is better looking. Who could ask for a better knife to bring to a gunfight? Good riding to all you sport riders.

I don't get how it's not fair? I own a CBR1100 and I'm not jealous. Run what you brung. I doubt any 1300s could run with a NOS equipped ZX11 anyway. So why complain? It takes a very good rider to turn good ETs. Hey I run 10.1s with mine and have considered NOS these days but I like normally aspirated. So be it. But the R1 and ZX9R and CBR900 all get compared but the R1 has 100cc more and the other bikes run pretty close.

Back