Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APE 1441cc Big Bore Kit

TA_GunSurgeon

Donating Member
Registered
How much more HP will you get at the rear wheel with 1441cc big bore kit by APE? I know most people won't have one but a estimate is fine. I would like to hear from some of the people that used the 1397cc kits. Will the engine still be reliable? I'm thinking of doing the 1441cc kit and a set of Web Cams on my 08 Busa.

200-210 maybe more depends how you crunch it down..

It depends on what u put into the heads and cams. If you're gonna go stock, it wont be alot, but torque will be more. If you CNC the heads and run good cams the potential for 240 is there.

Go to Psychobike.com and check out the different stages that KWS has already completed with the '08 Busa. They got a little over 200hp without removing the valve cover. !

All good info.... APE has got it going on, Jay is the man! As to the stroker 1397 wouldn't suggest as an everyday rider. Heat issues alone could grind you to a halt, but if your talking about your weekend/Sunday bike or a track only set-up then its off to Jay you go.
beerchug.gif

1397 has been just as reliable as my stock motor with a few exceptions! Heat and restarting the bike can be problomatic.... That is IF your not prepared for it.

If you want something more dependable, you might want to look into getting a billet block. They are expensive in the 2k range with piston kit but you can get any configuration you want. I talked to a guy in NC that makes them and he has kits in stock that go up into the 91mm range for serious racers. I got a qoute of $2,800 for billet 86mm bore block with pistons, rings and oring gasket. On the 08 it yeilds 1507ccs and around 1441 on the previous models.

How much more HP will you get at the rear wheel with 1441cc big bore kit by APE? I know most people won't have one but a estimate is fine. I would like to hear from some of the people that used the 1397cc kits. Will the engine still be reliable? I'm thinking of doing the 1441cc kit and a set of Web Cams on my 08 Busa.
I'm in the finishing stages of my 1441 build, I went all out on my 09 Busa, the motor from crank up was balanced and knife edged, Carillo Rods and CP Pistons, fully ported and polished head, Web cams, heavy duty track king clutch setup, no lockup because this is a street bike build.
I only have 500 miles on this combo and it's in for fresh synthetic and new filter.
The bike before the motor build put 187hp to the 240 rear. At that time it had pc5, Auto tuner, velocity stacks running through titanium carbon exhaust.
We're trying for 230-240 @ rear with pump gas.

IMG_20160827_161113.jpg

I'm in the finishing stages of my 1441 build, I went all out on my 09 Busa, the motor from crank up was balanced and knife edged, Carillo Rods and CP Pistons, fully ported and polished head, Web cams, heavy duty track king clutch setup, no lockup because this is a street bike build.
I only have 500 miles on this combo and it's in for fresh synthetic and new filter.
The bike before the motor build put 187hp to the 240 rear. At that time it had pc5, Auto tuner, velocity stacks running through titanium carbon exhaust.
We're trying for 230-240 @ rear with pump gas.

View attachment 398562

I have a similar set up and I'm at 230.

can you PM me this guys info. I mite go with a billet block myself thanx

If you want something more dependable, you might want to look into getting a billet block. They are expensive in the 2k range with piston kit but you can get any configuration you want. I talked to a guy in NC that makes them and he has kits in stock that go up into the 91mm range for serious racers. I got a qoute of $2,800 for billet 86mm bore block with pistons, rings and oring gasket. On the 08 it yeilds 1507ccs and around 1441 on the previous models.

seems like very little gain for quite a bit of money imo. and lets face it 240 hp will become quite boring after a couple months and u will want more and unless you thro some N20 at it your as far as u can go and with them high compression pistons and possibly big bore cams you can't just slap a Turbo kit on it now.

used turbo kits are the same price as the big bore kits with instal and you can make 315 hp easily on the stock motor and still ride like stock on the street out of boost.

jus makes no sense to me wen used Turbo kits cost $2000-2500 these day.

Top Bottom