anyone with 240 hp to the rear wheel please look

gm1300

Registered
hello all , i have been lurking around on this site for a while learning about the busa . i am definitely buying a busa in the next month or so . my main goal was to buy the busa break it in then take it to get a turbo .i was planning on getting it done here www.fastcycles.com

i have a few question

1) has anyone here dealt with this guy ?  (www.fastcycles.com)

2) i was told he could build me a very reliable daily driver (stage 1 kit) with 240 hp to the rear wheel , does this sound legit ?

3) how wheelie prone will the bike be with a stock swingarm, will it wheelie alot in second gear with 240 hp, will it lift the wheel in 3rd gear ?( i want to run the stock swingarm)

4) how will the clutch hold up with 240 hp ? and if it wont hold up what upgrade is recomended, someon told me stronger springs ?

5) what other mods should i do to go with the stage 1 kit ? (i am already planning on upgrading the chain and clutch springs)

any feedback will be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

Gary

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110915805 -->

I have 238 rwhp but my swingarm is 5"'s out and I have pulled the wheel in 2nd gear (just a little
biggrin.gif
) so yes yours is going to come up with a stock swing arm. The clutch will hold up, you need the HD springs though. How much is he trying to charge?? I went with the ghetto kit from www.suzukihayabusa.org , talk to Dennis aka the motorhead. After I got mine dyno tuned I have had no problems with the bike, under 5000 rpms it is like stock, and after that it is a beast. It pulls so damn hard. You will love it.

Rich pretty much answered all your questions...You don't need a new chain unless your buying a used bike...Only clutch upgrade is the heavy duty springs unless you intend to do alot of drag racing then you might want a lock up clutch...I couldn't imagine riding a boosted bike with a stock swingarm you'll never keep it down...You could add on a 2 stage boost controller and water injection, which would allow you to run two separate boost setting and the water is for the high boost to prevent the engine going boom...
evil.gif

hello all , i have been lurking around on this site for a while learning about the busa . i am definitely buying a busa in the next month or so . my main goal was to buy the busa break it in then take it to get a turbo .i was planning on getting it done here www.fastcycles.com

i have a few question

1) has anyone here dealt with this guy ? (www.fastcycles.com)

2) i was told he could build me a very reliable daily driver (stage 1 kit) with 240 hp to the rear wheel , does this sound legit ?

3) how wheelie prone will the bike be with a stock swingarm, will it wheelie alot in second gear with 240 hp, will it lift the wheel in 3rd gear ?( i want to run the stock swingarm)

4) how will the clutch hold up with 240 hp ? and if it wont hold up what upgrade is recomended, someon told me stronger springs ?

5) what other mods should i do to go with the stage 1 kit ? (i am already planning on upgrading the chain and clutch springs)

any feedback will be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

Gary
1) never did business with him. heard of him though

2) very reliable for 240 hp. I have 270 rwhp. super reliable.

3) my bike is lowered in rear 2" and about 1.25" in front and it doesn't wheelie all that bad with 270 hp.

4) stock clutch is fine for upwards of 300+ hp get some heavy duty springs.

5) a high tensile strength chain is a good idea and heavy duty clutch springs... might want to go buy some steel balls cuz its a wild ride
smile.gif

i went to talk to him again today the basic kit is $5000 installed and it is a hahn stage 1 kit

if i do it i am going to go with a very mild stage 1 (240 hp at the wheel ) with the muffler it comes with (not a dump pipe)

i am going to do the heavy duty clutch springs and a better chain  i figure the clutch springs cant hurt and i have heard of a lot of stock chains snapping , even on a stock bike

thanks for the info guys

keep the feedback coming

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110937245 -->

go with motorhead's (suzukihayabusa.org) clutch springs and clutch slave support..... some of the best in the business.

you can get a stage 1 ghetto kit for 4K....easy 240hp plus...I have heard a lot of people that have had problems with hahn kits....tech support sucks there as well

You need to find another shop to do the install...Either Velocity or Ghetto...Don't settle for any less!!!
evil.gif

hey take a look at the link in the last post, busa just like you wanted not strecthed, i want the same set-up. also there is a site www.uponone.com they have a ton of video's with turbo busa's check it out.

biggrin.gif
...The more I read these posts, the more the "Turbo Devil" tries to take over me
devil.gif

biggrin.gif
...The more I read these posts, the more the "Turbo Devil" tries to take over me
devil.gif
ClrwtrBusa let me ride his Turbo bike one time... it was game over.

What ever you do... don't ride a Turbo Busa until you are ready to do it.... else your Busa will suddently feel inadequate.
I'm gonna do it to ya again once I get it back home....LOL
Evil man...
devil.gif

devil.gif

Ok first off. Pay $4400 and buy a ghetto kit with full pipe. That will include a full pipe and you'll be much better off than with a hahn kit OR the velocity. I know, I've owned a hahn equiped bike AND a Velocity stage 1 equiped bike. Second if you want low hp=low boost, you can pretty much just bolt it on a stock engine. If i was closer I would install it for you for free.

My hahn kit pushed out 280+ hp with completely stock clutch.

IF you upgrade your clutch(adding heavier springs), then spend the cash and buy the upgraded sprocket cover $250ish. Don't cheap out and buy the $40 slave support. trust me on that one.

The hahn kit and Velocity kit are VERY similiar ( I know I have owned BOTH). Ghetto kit includes an external gate which is leaps and bounds over the internal gate found on the velocity stage one and hahn kits.

Back