Anyone use a CHAIN OILER on their Busa?

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Been thinking about doing this for some time, just wondering if anyone has ever used a chain oiler?  I do about 11,000 miles of traveling on the Busa every summer since I've been doing the tours, and have heard these can extend the life of the chain & sprockets- have been told you can double the life of the chain.  Anyone?

If you don't know what a chain oiler is, it's a small thing of chain oil, typically a small pump, and a tube that threads down to the chain and oils it while riding.
tounge.gif

A lot of guys who do Long Distance Rallying with me use them. ME
wink.gif
! NO, I just don't think they really do anything but throw oil all over and I am not sure how the oil could penetrate the chain while spinning at speed. Some sware by'em
tounge.gif
, but I've never had chain problems using just chain wax and that's putting 20,000 miles on'em ! If it makes you feel better do it, and if you do, I think the Scott Oiler is about the best  
idea.gif
, but then what do I know, I don't use'em
coffee.gif

yes they work but one word.. Mess! Its better to just clean the chain dry and they oil.

I put up about 1,200 miles aweek on my work bike!!!! & yes iv one on it. but it is messy oil all over rear wheel. but chain life is a lot longer.

that would be a lot i'am only 300 a week[/QUOTE]
I know......but i work as a despatch rider in dublin city!!! that,s were the mile,s come from......
biggrin.gif
if you luv bike it,s the only job 4 it.... ride all day......sun rain or snow....

I just keep a can of repsol moto chain lube in the hump spray alittle on every few fillups at the gas station. Just a habbit ive had with all my bikes. GREATLY increases the time between having to replace the chain. Also easy and doesnt take alot of time> Little gas... alittle lube. The bike isnt nearly as cranky either lol.

don't know about scott oiler but i have hawke oiler setups on both my ducati and hayabusa.

to reduce the mess of oil on the tire, i just hit the oil button a few times while driving slow through town (less the 10mph), in this way the chain gets lubed nicely but there is not enough force to through oil onto the tire. i'm not sure how many miles i will get out of this system, the ducati now have about 30k miles with a couple chain adjustments and i still cannot pull the chain away from the rear sprocket. i use mobil 1 in the oiler. good luck.

Back