Anyone on the board ever........

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
Instead of just buying a new windscreen , anyone ever tinted the stock one ? Not sure if the tint film would stay on the plastic screen ....?

Don't know if the film will go around the curves without kinking or if it would stay on...

A long time ago i did try it, more out of curiosity than anything else... The film wouldnt stick to the windscreen...

I had a tint company tell me once that if you do get it to stick, it wouldn't stay because the plastic flexes too much with temperature changes. With the flexing, the tint will bubble very baddly.

I had a buddy that refused to buy a new screen so he bought spray on tint it looked OK but looked its best from 20 feet away
rock.gif
 linky

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: "spelling sucks"|1138910520 -->

Yep , as usual all you guys are right !! I called the tint shop that does all the work on my trucks ......they told me the same thing . You can't do it .
sad.gif

Why bother- they're so cheap. ZG tinted double bubble screens on eBay is like the most common thing.
tounge.gif

Hi Guy's,

Yes you can tint it, I did mine with no problem at all and you can use any color you want, I fly model airplanes and Helicopters (Radio Control) and I tint the canopy of my birds every time, I use dae tint, if any of you guy's are interested let me know and I will post the procedure, is a easy task not a biggie.

Back