Anyone hit 150+ on the freeway?

pffffth!   :p   Not even a busa beats the rush of skydiving.  It's not as fast but EVERYTHING is minimized after that.
Personally, I think skydiving is kinda boring after that initial step.

If you want a rush, try untying your harness from the rope 90 feet above the ground because it is caught in a nasty crack.  Then, free-solo downclimb to save your ass.  Now that is a RUSH!  I was shaking so bad, I couldn't untie my shoes for like five minutes!  It was SCHWEET!  So, I went again!

-Ripper
Never been into rock climbing - too many things left to chance. Plus, I'm afraid of heights... and 'widths' come to think of it. I like SEEING rock climers on video but I think you guys put too much faith in God's dirt constructions. I trust a modern parachute with failsafe computer and backup chute anyday over that!!! :)

just got her broken in and took her out for a joy ride....twisted on it like my 600, you know, till she started rev'n hard....looked down to see 180mph, took it home and parked it for a week until my heart slowed down enough to ride again:;):

Hey Ninja, what kind of gear do you wear when you know you are going out for some Top Speed runs?
Full racing leathers and a helmet. You ahve to remember you have to getup to speed and back down. Which means that most of the time you are averaging about 100mph. Leathers wekk hold you from lossing guts all over the road at least.

I do it about once a week. I hit 181 on gps as per Ninja Eater. Yeah, yeah, I need to buy my own. Soon!

Pulled 173 on my GSXR 1000 going down to the Lake of the Ozarks (Missouri). Came out of my "crouch" position at 170 and wind blast almost wrestled me off the bike. I had been up to 130-140 before several time...so this time, I just chopped the throttle and sat up to slow down. No can do at 170+!!! My brain had no frame of reference for doing things (sitting up) at that speed - it does now!!!
Hayabusa has seen mid 160s - blowing by a friends Vette. He had heard on the Vette "forum" that the Z06 will kill a Busa. He didn't stand a chance..Out to Hwy 64 we went. He told me he got the Vette in the "sweet spot" at 90 mph where it was really pullin and floored it - He said the CVette was pullin hard...he looked back to see how far back I was and in that time - I was already gone....two cars in front of him. He now knows the real truth..heh heh!! Previous entries about wrecks are sobering food for thought. "Somtimes you get the bear and sometimes he gets you"

McyMike

I have done 160mph on the Busa but hope to top it out at least once in the near future although i have to admit I was getting a little nervous at how quick it got there and that it was still pulling hard to do more :blush:

Does anyone know what the RPM will be on a bone stock Busa when the rev limiter kicks in in 6th gear? :super:

Back