Anyone Have A Shoe Rf-1200 And Have Any Positive Feedback?

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
I just bought the rf1200 and only got it today. So far I like it. It's my first expensive helmet so I don't have anything to compare it to. What's your opinion of it if you have one?

I have one and like it fine. Not saying it is the best thing since sliced bread, but it's a good lid. Definitely better than any of the 150 dollar helmets out there. Don't know how it compares to a 900 dollar lid though. Guess it's like everything else you get what you pay for.

Took mine out today. I am happy with it. I use a Bluetooth intercom that I use for gps. I use bike for work which involves driving alot. My old helmet I had was too noisy to hear directions. Much safer to follow guidance than looking down at screen and noticed at 50mph I didn't even have it at full volume. Also much lighter and easier on the neck muscles.

I have a gloss black one, it's much better than the Icon Alliance i had for the two riding seasons before it. I wouldn't say it is as quiet as some claim it is. Been debating on getting the photochromatic visor but I'm anal about user reviews and the fact most people say it doesn't get dark enough kinda scares me away!

I have a gloss black one, it's much better than the Icon Alliance i had for the two riding seasons before it. I wouldn't say it is as quiet as some claim it is. Been debating on getting the photochromatic visor but I'm anal about user reviews and the fact most people say it doesn't get dark enough kinda scares me away!

I also have the photochromatic visor and I like it alot. It does not get super dark but it does get dark enough. Even on the brightest day it's comfortable on the eyes. It just as dark as my Oakleys. I actually like it better than the rf1200, and I am happy with the helmet. Just not sure that it's better than the rf1100 was.

I hear a lot of people say rf1100 was quieter and better air flow. Was heavier. Got compliment on helmet today too and never had one of those before.

I have had 2 Shoei 1100's and a newish 1200. In my opinion when you get to this level of helmet there is a lot of personal preference involved. The Shoei just seems to fit my meathead a little better. The Shoei has a very high level of fit and finish and the 1200 is clearly better here than the 1100. Be sure to get the right pads too as this made the world of difference on how hot, noisy, and comfortable the 1200 is. Get this right and it is a crazy good helmet and quiet enough. The photochromatic visor is a must. It is actually pretty dark looking into it from outside but from the inside it is not as dark as a dark smoked visor. However it does a much better job with both the sun and lights glare at night than any other visor I have had. The comfort level is extremely high. It's also pretty thick relative to other visors so it is a bit quieter than most. All in all this is a very strong package for the money. Like I said at this price most of your choices are good and a $200 HJC will protect you provided it's DOT SNELL (or whatever the Euro thing is). The Shoei sets itself apart with high fit and finish. Note also that a 1200 with the photochromatic shield is hitting $550-$650, patterned even more. That's a pretty tough league to be in for a helmet but the Shoei still holds it's own.

BTW: I tried on a Schuberth helmet. They are amazing. Might try one next time......

I was looking at Shubert just couldn't justify the price. I was also looking to get photochromatic shield. I do need to get different pads inside. The check pads are very tight. The noise is minor compared to helmets I've had in past to me. Thanks for info!

Back