anyone else had a problem like this ?

birdwah

Registered
first of all i have a 2001 busa with power commander, muzzy full titanium exhaust, air box mod, bmc air cleaner it started last summer if my fuel guage read below 1/2 a tank it would stumble and stall like it was running out of fuel so i always tried to keep it full and it seemed to go away now i can hop on ride it and it is fine then will stop somewhere shut it off go into store do what ever it will start fine and then a few minutes later it will start acting like it is running out of fuel intemittrnly and will sometimes stall i can get it restarted i checked all the wiring all conections ok i suspect it must be the fuel pump but just wondering if any one else has had this problem thanks

think you might be in the right direction... it could be the fuel pump going out on ya... there is a service manual you can download and i believe there is a way you can check it from there... search feature is down right now cause the new board. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

I just had this problem on my 06 Hayabusa. Have you adjusted you throttle response up near your hand grip? If so you might have your idle set to low. Mine would just caught off on me sometime also. I actually took it into the shop and they ran a diagnostic on it and it came out to be that. You can lift your tank and adjust it on the right side...

I would start with the basics that don't cost anything but time and a few bucks.

Check your TPS, idle, TB sync, clean inside of TB, check battery voltage, reinstall PCIII map, check TOS, check your plugs, clean and regap, run an injector cleaner (I use seafoam with 1/2 tank of fuel), check your vacuum lines. All that cost nothing but time and about $8.

Even if it does not solve the problem you will get to know her a little better and be ready once you do solve the issue. Just my .02

GL

Just a shot in the dark but check to make sure the battery terminals are tight. My bike was bucking on me a while back and that was the problem.

i have an o5 stock busa with only 433 miles on it . i do have a full muzzy on it but it keeps falling on its face around 6500-8500rpms. its running rich for some reason.i bought it about 3 months ago an it only had 39 miles on it the owner had no time for it so it sat in his garage an he claims he would start it up from time to time.it acts up after riding it for about 15 min. an it will get worse uless i shut it off an wait a couple minutes . i had a guy put it on a dyno and he said it might be a fuel censor. let me know what you com up with

Back