Anyone doing the ALS challenge?

I'll keep my opinions about ALSA.org to myself, but anyone doing the ice bucket challenge, I beg of you to research ALSA.org and find out just how little of your donation actually goes to research, etc. It's almost as pathetic as the Susan G Kolmen foundation. :banghead:

About $.22 to the dollar. The rest goes for travel, advertising and huge salaries. :down:

You can check out the tax returns for all these "charities" online.

GuideStar nonprofit reports and Forms 990 for donors, grantmakers and businesses

I'm not bashing the actual "challenge" itself, and I love how it's brought about awareness for this horrible disease, I just have an issue with charities that donate such a pathetic amount of their "income" to the charity itself..

I'm not bashing the actual "challenge" itself, and I love how it's brought about awareness for this horrible disease, I just have an issue with charities that donate such a pathetic amount of their "income" to the charity itself..

I had no idea....

That's not what their tax records state. Hmmmm. Did you make a free account at guidestar and look at their actual taxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back