anyone do tobin seat & heli bar combo for better rider comfort

thelakeshow2k

Registered
i am looking for a more comfortable rider position... something that allows a more upright position with less pressure on the hands and wrists.

i'm considering doing the heli bars first. my question is: will adding the tobin/new image seat further improve on rider position? thanks.

Last edited:
Buell peg mod and Heli bars are a must for comfort.
I have never found my Tobin seat comfortable for long rides.

Just put my tobin And helibars on last week, Definitely a better riding position. I am going to do the buell peg mod next. I'm 6'1 and my knees are bent a little more with the seat but it is by far worth doing.....:thumbsup:

busa 001.jpg

busa 004.jpg

Just put my tobin And helibars on last week, Definitely a better riding position. I am going to do the buell peg mod next. I'm 6'1 and my knees are bent a little more with the seat but it is by far worth doing.....:thumbsup:

YOU'RE BIKE LOOKS GREAT!!! what did you do the lip of your rims?

I am running the Heli Bars and a Corbin seat. Good for distance and it looks good. I would think the Tobin sits you in not on the bike which is cool. The problem you may encounter and others have alluded to it is that the knees could get cramped. Wardie

thanks for the approval...the lips of the rims are polished, and i added the blue vinyl wheel tape also. actually the bike is an 04' LE but i really like the blue/gray '06 color so i decided to change it. i think the blacked out frame also adds more contrast to the colors.

i am going to take my comfort mods in steps. i've got the heli bars on order. will change the stock grips for a more softer grip. if i need more, i think my next step (for a more upright riding position) will be the tobin/new image seat. i've been told that will bring me 1 1/2" down in the saddle. if i need more, i think the risers will soon follow.

i am going to take my comfort mods in steps. i've got the heli bars on order. will change the stock grips for a more softer grip. if i need more, i think my next step (for a more upright riding position) will be the tobin/new image seat. i've been told that will bring me 1 1/2" down in the saddle. if i need more, i think the risers will soon follow.
I think you are smart to do it that way then you know what is working . Try the Buell pegs before you get the seat. The seat will cramp up your legs if you are tall on long rides. Put a half or three quarter inch riser together with the Heli Bars and you will be comfortable for whatever. I had the risers before doing the Heli bars and the Heli bars alone are way more comfortable than the risers. Together they almost make me feel guilty for being so comfortable on a sport bike.

Last edited:
so what do you think of doing these "comfort mods" in this order?

1. heli bars
2. foam/gel grips
3. genmar 1.5" riser
4. tobin seat
5. buel pegs

what do you think about me adding genmar risers at #3?

i put the buel mod last because won't know if i need it until i put the tobin seat (which drops me 1.5" and also cause i'm only 5'9".

Back