anybody have a supercharger

orangebusa??

Registered
Does any one have a supercharger on there hayabusa? I was reading about a kit out of england that claims 235 rear wheel horspower with throttle response like a built motor there was a limited amount of info on the kit and i did e-mail my questions and am awaiting a reply the companys name is TTS and the price was 2600 engish pounds which im figuring is around 4000 american that would be cheaper than a turbo and would seem to be easier power to control with no lag I i have a buddy with a turbo gixxer 1000 and he told me the turbo is a little hard to ride and tricky to get used too with a charger the power will be on tap on and off throttle response will be write there im assuming, another freind said the charger robs power which the way i figure is 235 hp is 235hp so it shouldnt matter how much power it takes as long as it makes it in the end any pros and cons on this subject would be appreciated inclosed are pics of the application

Supercharged_busa.jpg

they got back to me and it only gets 220 hp to the tire on 7 pounds of boost but thats ok with me Im gunna go for it and learn from my own mistakes now just need some extra cash any one looking for a cheap worked BANSHEE????lol

<!--EDIT|orangebusa??
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074607508 -->

as far as robbing power, in a sense yes it does. I am assuming you know the differences in theory between the charger and the turbo. So considering the small amount of power needed to turn the pulley on the charger, im sure that there isnt a considerable amount of power loss if thats what he was getting at. Before you jump to anything with the kit, you might wanna make sure that it comes with the equipment that will be necessary to convert the crank case ( what ever its called) to one with an external drive so you can EVEN USE the supercharger. I havent look anything up on these, but i would hate to hear about somebody spending 4G's on a charger kit, then having to spend another 1K just to make it work. Just something to think about.
wink.gif

If you just want something different, I would say go for it but......

If you are only looking at it because of the cost over a TURBO, you should keep looking/researching. I don't know how much power you want but the Hahn kit can support more than enough 300+ and can be bought for between $3,300-3,600. That is everthing you need, just bolt on, tune, and GO!

Are you sure that's what you want to do?
biggrin.gif

Josh
pirate.gif

A blower on the Busa has always intrigued me. They turn slower and make gobs of power, should last longer than a hair dryer. I'm interested in what you come up with. Keep me posted!

Now if it makes the proper blower whine?
rock.gif
Damn that would be awesome, turbos sound neat, but if that blower makes the right music...

tis true Rev... didnt think about that.. def. would sound sweet. I had a 2001 Mustang with a ATI procharger P-1SC pushing 10lbs of boost and that biotch sounded SAWEET! til i blew the motor .. :blush:

I have one on my Hayabusa powered car, it produces 248 at the wheels, the bike with the bigger impeller is around 300 at the wheels. They are so smooth. Have some pics on my site www.megabusa-power.co.uk. But if you are thinking about it, go for it.  I was the first in a car and certainly not dissapointed. TTS are a very good company to do business with, permier Hayabusa tuner in the UK. Richard and Mark are the main 2 guys, they also attend shows in the US to promote their charger.

Steve

Back