Any Idea What A Dealership Will Buy Back A 08 Busa For ?

nitrobusa08

Registered
What will the Suzuki dealer give me for my Hayabusa ? I had a car now I only have a bike need something enclosed for when I'm with my son and there's bad weather. I would like a SUV. Trying to think of the best way to sell my Hayabusa, I'm kinda afraid to let people test ride it. Unless I am holding all the cash for it. Don't know what I should do. I know I will miss my bike when it's sold but was wondering what kind of cash it is worth , never crashed no scratches good condition it has 33 thousand miles on it about.

Depending on the market where you are, anywhere from 6500 to 8000 maybe. Depends on how bad the buyer wants it, the dealer will low ball you all you day. Ask to sell it on consignment. They advertise and market it for you, get your asking price and you pay a percentage. But be mindful, they want to turn it quick. NO test rides!

The dealer I work at just bought a clean 08 with 28,000kms on it from a customer for $5500 Canadian.

They are selling it for $6999.

As has been mentioned; really depends on the market. I just bought a really clean 08 Busa with 4,500 miles for $5,750 and I probably could have gotten it for less if I would have tried. I bet dealer would only have given 3,500 or so on trade. Always better to try and retail first.

Thank you for the insight , I won't be as shocked now when I goto the Suzuki dealer. Also I wonder what a used car dealer would give me towards a SUV ?

Thank you for the insight , I won't be as shocked now when I goto the Suzuki dealer. Also I wonder what a used car dealer would give me towards a SUV ?
Just always remember these people make a living screwing people. They will steal it from you if you let them bike shop or anywhere. Here a new car lot would not even look at it used ones usually don't like to deal with bikes so they low ball crap out it as it will prob go to auction anyways. That's here in Iowa where you are located might be a 180.

As an Operations Manager of a multiline motorcycle dealership I don't make a living screwing people. I appraise there trades off NADA market value. I have no control over book pricing and cant over bid a bike. There has to be some profitability in it or we can't stay in business.

Just always remember these people make a living screwing people. They will steal it from you if you let them bike shop or anywhere. Here a new car lot would not even look at it used ones usually don't like to deal with bikes so they low ball crap out it as it will prob go to auction anyways. That's here in Iowa where you are located might be a 180.
Thank you for your help Im going to see what the motorcycle dealer says. If it's to crazy low , I will probably use cycle trader to find buyer. Thank you for your help

As an Operations Manager of a multiline motorcycle dealership I don't make a living screwing people. I appraise there trades off NADA market value. I have no control over book pricing and cant over bid a bike. There has to be some profitability in it or we can't stay in business.
Thank you for responding hopefully the dealer will be fair when they tell me a price. Or I might have to wait a while finding a buyer. Appreciate your response to.

Your always better off and money ahead selling it yourself. Never let anyone test drive. They can buy it first with cash or cashiers check that you call the issuing bank and confirm is real. Then they can have a buy ride that everything works as it should then fill out title. They pay for it and buy it first then a 5 minute ride that it all works right. After that short test ride to confirm it all shifts and works right. Fill out title and done.

Look up Nada and KBB trade In prices. That's the range dealers are going to offer.
That or if you were buying another bike from them, then that might give you a little more since their making up for it on the other deal and bike.
Price wise is overall condition from being scratch free and like new condition to worth less with issues. Also what maintenance needs done? Tires, tuneup, basics chain cleaned and lubed and bike washed and waxed, etc. afects values.

Check again KBB and Nada for private party sell values. Nada value is what most banks use for someone to get a loan for it. Nada retail dealer value sometimes lower then what the bike and market value is. If that's the case and for example then Nada pice high retail is 6000 but some bikes sell for more then that is the market value say 7000 so the new buyer can get a loan for 6000 and needs 1000 of his own money to buy. I just bought a 2001 from a dealer for 5300. Nada was 4200. They were asking 6000. I got it for 4800 and state taxes and title registration making it a drive away price of 5350 price. The bike was a perfect 10 in condition with new tires so it was worth more then Nada in my area. If it was a 7, I would of only bought at 3800 to account for work that needed to be done.

Since motorcycle values don't account for mileage then use common sense. A bike with 5000 miles has more value then a bike with 40000 miles does and factor that in when buying or selling.

I've seen some showroom perfect condition Kawasaki Drifters book out Nada for 3500 and sell for 6500. Again the market price is 6500 even though the
Nada say high value was 3500. That does not apply to every bike but in some cases and some bikes that are in high demand and out of production or condition is showroom and no maintenance needed done. Lots of factors. One owner history has more value then 5 owner history.

If you sell the bike yourself make sure you control the keys and sit on the bike when you start it for the potential buye. There are some thieves out there that come to see if there is a chance to drive off.
Those are rare cases but it has happened.

You can sell now and always come back if Busa fever takes over again and your in a better position.

Last edited:
I live in iowa. An 08 with low miles will sell for roughly 6k maybe 7k if the buyer is really hard up. That with exhaust work, new tires, chain , and sprockets. I see several gen 2s on craigs in the area at 9 to 12 k. None of them are moving at the moment.

Stealerships are not the option to take on bikes. If you take it to a car dealership to trade on a vehicle, they will call up the local motorcycle shop and ask them for a site unseen bid. Which they will give low balled like mad, as they will probably be the ones buying the bike from the stealership. S0 you will get 3500 maybe 4k they will "show you" 5k to 6k but the numbers will be skewed so you actually got 3 to 3500. The car stealership will then sell it to the bike dealership for 200 to 500 more, then the bike shop will sell for nada plus 10%.Ask me how i know this? :)

Sell the bike on your own. List it here. Cycle Trader as well.

Last edited:
Your correct the motorcycle dealer Broward motorsports in Sunrise offered me 4400 cash for the bike and my bike is super clean. I told him Nope I will sell it privately and left.

I forgot to say that Broward motor sports in Ft.Lauderdale said that they would sell the bike for 7000.00 that's definitely a good deal for them bike does need new chain and sprockets in the near future but they would probably sell it the way it is anyways. At least now I have a pretty good idea of the market price in my area. Thank you everyone on Hayabusa dot org for your help. I appreciate it.

Back