Any Idea How To Keep The Bike In C Mode?

I am sure you could have the ECU detuned or do it with a power commander. I have to ask and I am sure others are wondering as well, why? Is there a particular reason for needing C mode all the time?

Because I don't need all the speed all the time But like a speed rush every once in awhile ..... any links to where I could do it with a power commander?

It is very, very simple.
It IS all in the wrist.
If you feel you need less power, then you know that the busa is too much for you.
The Busa is very mild mannered in A mode.
It will creep, and feel like a 250 cruiser. But, if you twist it fast, then you get what you paid for. If you can't trust yourself in A mode, unless you're pumped up, ready to go, and have a long straight road, then no distespect intended, but this bike is going to hurt or kill you.
If you must ride C mode all the time, then you'll have to push the mode button twice every time you start it.
The mode switch is all hype.
If you need less power for conditions, then you back off the throttle.

You cannot do this with a Power Commander either.
And if you were to adjust things in Ecu Editor, you would need an inline switch to toggle between maps. A mode, and a neutered, choked up second map, that likely would do more harm than good.
You also cannot toggle between those 2 maps on the mode switch. It requires an inline switch, without alot of re-wiring.
All you would accomplish is hurting resale and likely causing alot of gremlins.
Do yourself a favor and keep selecting C mode when you start it.

Another thing that might help you control your throttle better is a different throttle tube. One that will cause you to have to turn the throttle further to get to WOT. Not sure what bike to look at though. I know the stock tube for my HD was a little more than 1/4 turn.

So I can't do anything with the settings then ? . . . . .

Any other ideas ?
Even if you stretch it out you will still have a rocket that is ready to launch ~ perhaps you could gear it really tall & relax on changing out your dirty air filter . . .
ffdb51a4aefbaf50d8ff7a54dbe0d191.jpg

If you want to make your Hayabusa weaker ~ than you bought the wrong motorcycle brother . . .

Not trying to be a smartass but most guys, myself included, tend to do it the other way around. The lighter less powerful bikes make the better track bike as the Busa tends to be a better all around ride. I know some guys do track the Busa but it's often a bit much for most tracks.

This is an easy one. As the engine revs it puts out more power, so stop revving it. If you want a tame bike for some reason the solution is simple:
1. Don't use first gear, start off in second.
2. Shift at 5,000 to 8,000 rpm. Ride around in the 3-4k zone. This is well out of the mean power, the bike will be tame as a kitten.
3. Roll the throttle rather than twist it like you're trying to wring it off the handlebars.
4. Short shift, don't wind the bike out.

I use this to be as safe as possible when I'm not trying to run in beast mode. If you have actually tried the ABC mode thing it's hard to tell A from B and I don't get C. When I got the Busa I put her in C mode and drove off the dealer's lot to a gas station. I didn't know it reset when the engine is cut off but that was the last time I gave the mode switch a thought. The Busa mode switch is not the same as modern mode switches as it doesn't control the bike by adjusting the speed with which electronic throttles react to inputs.

BTW: the R6 is one of the best track bikes out there. The Busa is difficult to ride on a track. I'm a big guy and I was literally out of breath after wrestling the busa around the track for a 20 minute session.

Back