Any body suffer from gout?

Lower your protien intake. I was told when your kindeys can't process all of the protien you intake, you will get flare ups.

I thought I had dislocated my toe when I was diagnosed with it. I had been on a high protien diet for a few months when it happened.

The last gout attack I had was about 10 years ago. That one was pretty bad. On crutches for about a month. The first attack I blame on a high protien no carb diet. Lost 30 pounds but came at a price. The current flare up I think are attributed to sodas. Taking in more soda than water really screwed things up.

Was recently told I have it. Been dealing with a flare up usually once a year for many years. Had an accident many years ago and that foot was banged up. When I had a occurance of it, I blamed the accident. Most recent flare up was in December. Foot isn't swollen, but it still isn't right. Whatever. Still got to work and play.

Of course, I had started a low carb diet shortly after the onset in December. Walking the line between gout and losing weight. So far, losing the weight is winning. Trying to avoid too much protein. Mostly low card veggies with some chicken.

Remedies I have heard of are cherry juice (can't do it now because of too many carbs), sauerkraut, drinking cider vinegar. I tried drinking cider vinegar. That's tough. Almost like drinking grain alcohol (without the benefits :laugh: ).

Celebrex (2 pills not one) seems to calm it down relatively quickly.

Had my first bout 5 years ago. Did not know what hit me. It went away and then around the first of December it hit me again. Went to the Dr. He told me I had Gout. Lay off the booze, protien, tomatoes, lentals, etc. Christmas it hit again. I followed the Doctors orders. Got on allopurinal, 1 tablet per day. Cut out 90% of the red meat, no lentals, I eat very little tomatoes, no spinnich, and booze free for 4 years. No attacks either.

Cider vinegar I tried as stated with honey. The honey did not help. No more cider vinegar for me.

allopurinol Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

Ouch... Don't think I ever had a flare up that bad. Thanks for resurecting this thread, as I've never heard of the "fresh cherry" remedy.

Cherries GIF

drink plenty of cherry juice *

Back