Another thing the Busa does well!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Often automotive journalists speak to "drifting ease" when describing a hi performance car in a road test. Of course, tires play a big part, as well as suspension and tarmac surface....but the vehicle itself can be "drift friendly" or hard to keep in a powered drift largely due to aspects of the car itself.

It occurred to me that, in the world of motorcycles, the Hayabusa is quite "drift friendly". Obviously, that doesn't make a motorcycle fastest around the track but it does add largely to hi performance riding pleasure and confidence. Recently at the track a photographer said to me, "I got some great pics of you drifting"(below). It hadn't even occured to me that I had been drifting! I was alone on the track and kind of practicing throttle control and coming in kinda hot in the corners.
I bet many of you all have taken fast corners very comfortably and not even realized how much controlled lateral movement you were inducing! Doyle

NM1U7883.jpg

NM1U7943.jpg

NM1U8169.jpg

^ +1 on the track days- my last 4 trips on the busa have been at the track- wondering if I will ever untape it and ride on the streets- very addictive :D

+1, I can drift mine great on a wet road!
I'm still trying to master dry pavement...and I'm gonna get it.

You make it look so effortless Doyle:thumbsup:

Thank you for saying that, just like some powder snow conditions that make you feel like the best skiier around! The Busa (when set up properly with good conditions) gives me that feeling. We have to monitor just how much credit is due to us and how much is due to the world around us! Doyle

Back