Another new best last weekend

+8, can go to 10 wheelbase. Was thinking either 39 or 40 would keep me in the 8-10.5k boost torque range. Just tired of spinning through the gears, cant even feel the boost like that. I ran at Green Cove Raceway, its only a couple years old, IHRA 1/8th mile with a muddin setup that I would love to see. There was a payout bracket last night, a test n tune night would have been better. On another note, I just pulled apart my stock clutch to install a 2 stage exoticycle and the fibers are toast. Ive never gone this long without changing them out on a bike and cant believe I let it go this bad. I did notice I have the stock stupid back torque hub assembly so I need either a Brocks mod or something. Someone said you can get the APE billet inner hub and not need the mod at all, that it is built in but I dont see how that could space properly?. I was told that bike had a welded cam assembly but it doesnt. This is the first time I went into the clutch and I kick myself for that. Orlando is a 1/4 mile NHRA with huge events, about hour and a half for me. Either way, I dont have a trailer so I ride in either place I go. Twice I have barely made it back. A really nice guy named Gary had a boosted busa last night, I think he said built by Chris Jones?, tuned by Walter that had a fuel pump problem. Luckily there were guys who were helping him and someone had a trailer that could get him home. Riding in can be a crap shoot. I dont have a trailer. Either way its an hour 15 or hour 30 for me.Wish there was a closer track. I am probably going to get one of those g-techs to practice with. If they are accurate, or at least close, can see problems before you go so far and spend the money to run.

Problem with a G-tech is traction anywhere but at the strip isn't the same.

You can check out MPS clutch ring that fits between the two hub pieces and does the same job as the Brocks billet piece. I have that in one bike, and another couple friends have run them just fine. You will need to figure out what you want for spring stands and springs if you don't already have them.

I've heard you can get the billet inner as well but never investigated it since I've got the Rock in one bike and low cost in the other.

I have an enclosed trailer which I've never needed due to bike being dead at the end of the race, but I do have a lot of spare parts on hand just in case. Basically everything to put together an air shifter, nitrous system, a couple fuel pumps, plumbing and electrical parts, etc. I've sold fuel pumps twice at the track to help guys out. Saturday my buddy needed tools and brake clean to fix his bike after a radiator hose came off at the starting line. I'm only 6 miles from the track but still trailer every time.

Back