Alright, let's have some fun today, who can?

Cold tear is ripping rubber out like a bad eraser from high adhesion and low temps?

Street tires
DSCN3869.JPG

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be a difficult task (obviously was in your case) to locate a tire with cold tears~?~

Reason I ask is simple enough...if a cold tire is used and cold tears are shown on the tire, would the hot tears replace them after a couple laps...seems to me the only time you would see cold tears is if an accident occurred early on or some sort of malfunction that would keep the tire from warming up.

Could/would an extremely cold road do the same, even after miles of use~?~

Wouldn't it be a difficult task (obviously was in your case) to locate a tire with cold tears~?~

Reason I ask is simple enough...if a cold tire is used and cold tears are shown on the tire, would the hot tears replace them after a couple laps...seems to me the only time you would see cold tears is if an accident occurred early on or some sort of malfunction that would keep the tire from warming up.

Could/would an extremely cold road do the same, even after miles of use~?~

Cold tears are the most distructive. They can be deep and quickly distroy a tire. Cold tears are a sign of an over inflated tire and in most cases an over inflated tire will never get hot enough to show signs of hot tears. Cold tears can be deep enough to remain visible for some time to come even after a tire is brought up to temperature.

Cold tears are the most distructive. They can be deep and quickly distroy a tire. Cold tears are a sign of an over inflated tire and in most cases an over inflated tire will never get hot enough to show signs of hot tears. Cold tears can be deep enough to remain visible for some time to come even after a tire is brought up to temperature.

Gotcha, good info~!~

Back