Almost ready to sell it man I'm telling you this bike is pissing me off

Three or so bikes ago, I had a Suzuki.
Thing looked and ran fine. Could ride for hours without any problems.
But, when in 2nd gear, if I gave it a snap wot, it would pull hard, then do a micro slip thing, then keep pulling.
Only in second gear and only under wot. If I wound it out gradually, no issues at all.

Turned out to be a 2nd gear problem in the box. This after going through every conceivable thing that may be the cause. Not saying yours is, just my experience.
Mine is doing now in pretty much ANY gear.

My mustang did that at high RPMs and replacing the line with a braided one fixed the problem. I guess while doing aggressive clutch pedal dumps, the line would collapse and pedal would stay on the floor.
I only use the clutch to pull away when ripping, after that 2-6 is wham blam slam.

ok here is my $0.001 worth , the clutch master cylinder has 2 ports. ( primary and secondary). the smallest one is about 0.3 mm ( not sure in thousand of inches ). but very small any partial restriction or blockage. slows the release of pressure after releasing the clutch. unless you really blow out or probe this port you are not certain it is unrestricted —— i have written of this and put up some photos in another post i probe the port with a strand of copper wire , and blow it with compressed air bikes that sit for long periods are very prone to this restriction. there that’s my random thoughts
cheers from Australia
Mine never sits I ride all year even winter. When I rebuilt the slave I soaked it over night, blew it out too.

ok here is my $0.001 worth , the clutch master cylinder has 2 ports. ( primary and secondary). the smallest one is about 0.3 mm ( not sure in thousand of inches ). but very small any partial restriction or blockage. slows the release of pressure after releasing the clutch. unless you really blow out or probe this port you are not certain it is unrestricted —— i have written of this and put up some photos in another post i probe the port with a strand of copper wire , and blow it with compressed air bikes that sit for long periods are very prone to this restriction. there that’s my random thoughts
cheers from Australia
But I already rebuilt my master cylinder. A while ago. And I'm pretty sure it was cleaned out. I sprayed that area out pretty good with carburetor cleaner but I didn't get pressurized and close up what if I can run a wire through there or something

But I already rebuilt my master cylinder. A while ago. And I'm pretty sure it was cleaned out. I sprayed that area out pretty good with carburetor cleaner but I didn't get pressurized and close up what if I can run a wire through there or something
Also I don't think it would that be unclogged would be the issue. Because I can leave it in second rolling around my neighborhood until I get to the main road and just turn right out still in second gear and punch it and then it does that jumping zing so I know the clutch was fully engaged then.

I was thinking dog ears, incorrect oil, it is strange that it’s all gears. Best of luck with it, make sure second gear is back cut, think about bigger output shaft unless ur staying stock.

Back