All motor MaxxRace I wired for a Gen2 Busa today

Pic

20220416_200551.jpg

Ultimate consolidation of stuff on the bike in one box. No real free hp to be made, but its one of the baddest ECUs out there for wheelie control, traction control, days logging, etc etc etc etc

You at looking at a big investment on stuff like this, worth it IMO compared to buying everything a la carte that isn't I integrated etc

What is needed for the traction control and wheelie control and is this a DIY proposition? Will I need an IMU module and is the traction control built into the ECU software (i.e. engine rpm changes) or would I need sensors, and programming?

Laser ride height sensor for wheelie control stuff, that sensor is about 500 bucks, wheel speed sensors needed for traction control

Software has a lot of jeat features,these are big investments, 3k-5k plus easily fully optioned out etc

The cost may not be as much as you think. If I have a quality modded Gen 2 (Ohlins, Brembo Brakes, wheels etc.) I'm not going to get much value for those things if I trade the bike to a dealer or on the resale market. Going to the Gen 3 would cost about $10-11K. The main difference between the Gen 2 & 3 is the QS, TC, and ABS. I can add that for about $2,500 with something like a Gripone, but like you say it won't be integrated and I don't have any expansion.

So if I have a development plan for the Gen 2 like adding this first, getting the kinks worked out, then later stepping up the motor it's just not that big of a reach to pay $5k for it. And I can do what I want with the tuning, no waiting for a magic hack. All in all, this is the cheapest way by far to a high-power, full-featured Busa.

A pretty interesting alternative here. Would you provide it with a flashed ECU map and all or would I have to get the ECU and map it myself?

The cost may not be as much as you think. If I have a quality modded Gen 2 (Ohlins, Brembo Brakes, wheels etc.) I'm not going to get much value for those things if I trade the bike to a dealer or on the resale market. Going to the Gen 3 would cost about $10-11K. The main difference between the Gen 2 & 3 is the QS, TC, and ABS. I can add that for about $2,500 with something like a Gripone, but like you say it won't be integrated and I don't have any expansion.

So if I have a development plan for the Gen 2 like adding this first, getting the kinks worked out, then later stepping up the motor it's just not that big of a reach to pay $5k for it. And I can do what I want with the tuning, no waiting for a magic hack. All in all, this is the cheapest way by far to a high-power, full-featured Busa.

A pretty interesting alternative here. Would you provide it with a flashed ECU map and all or would I have to get the ECU and map it myself?
I could put a baseline startup map in it, I alwaye configure all of the sensors that I wire in for the customer etc

Laser ride height sensor for wheelie control stuff, that sensor is about 500 bucks, wheel speed sensors needed for traction control

Software has a lot of jeat features,these are big investments, 3k-5k plus easily fully optioned out etc
For the wheel speed sensors, can it tap into the abs ring/sensor for abs equipped Gen2 s? Or is it an additional fixed sensor with a puck type setup?

Hi. I haven't the MAXX Race H20 I needed the M&W ingnighter box as I am going to use VP M1. The MAXX was $2,000.00 the M&W was $1,000.00 Now I still need all of the sensors not sure of the price off them yet. Photos to fallow.

Oh a gen2 you could use the stock sensors if not using them for the abs system, the signal as it is exists with the abs active doesn't work as a digital input to the maxx ecu
It'd be a sweet deal if there was a way of splitting the abs signal with back flow protection and drop a analogue to digital converter along the line.
Or just but a Gen3 .. lol

It'd be a sweet deal if there was a way of splitting the abs signal with back flow protection and drop a analogue to digital converter along the line.
Or just but a Gen3 .. lol
They are digital sheet but the signal is from 1-2 volt square wave, needs an op amp etc. In the bike I just figured we just added another set of hall effect sensors

Back