Alaska and Back, on a Hayabusa Ride Report

Thanks everyone. I really wished I could have posted the RR report here. To answer a few questions.....for music, I use the sena SMH ,a fantastic bit of kit. sounds better with earplugs in tho,a little to much treble and plugs help balance that out. I put 9,400 miles on the bike....15,000 kilometers.

I put new tires on the night before I ledt...Avon Storm Ultras, awesome tires. And, yes, they still have meat on them. The chain is done,but I cn't remember how old the one I have on is. The trip cost me 2,000. That for EVERYTHING. Food ,fuel,soveniers,camping......I came in under budget.

I think it would be a real challenge for someone to best that,I look for ways to cut costs everywhere. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches pretty much every day. But they were still yummy,although,ok,towards the end,I my have been getting a little tired of them.

SSSSSuper Woman - I meant Lady !:thumbsup:

A few questions if you don't mind.

How many days were you gone?
How much money did you spend while gone?
Did you ever come close to running out of gas?
How many miles did you put on the Busa?
How much life do the tires have left if any?

Is there anything you would have changed - knowing what you know now?

Thanks for posting/sharing your Adventure :bowdown:

Sorry, I forgot your other questions.....Yes, I came close to running out,but you can see in the pics I carried extra fuel. you HAVE to up there. At half tank, start looking, and I mean,now. some stations arent open even in the middle of the day. Changed? Some of my camp kit,already done,upgraded sleep pad and pillow and extra space for my tent.

Other than that....yes, wait,,,,spend more time OFF the bike. Its brutal riding 10/12/14 hours a day. Stop for a hour hike. Even just go to a tacky tourist trap shop. Just to get off the bike. Thats something I have to work on. I was gone just shy of a month.

$2000 and a month, i think i can beat that. :beerchug: sounds like a challenge from the Streak!

you are the snizz! if i ever catch up with you, i wanna take you for a ride and kick your heels up! you seem like a kick in the pants!
:poke: almost 10,000mi and so few pics, so little story; i KNOW there is more. i ride endurance, long distance and i KNOW. there is a great story in 9,500mi and i wanna hear more of it than what you posted on the "Advanced tax bracket, Very over priced bikes, Don't post anything unless im riding my wine drinking cheese eating overpriced over wheight monster around the world.", aka AVD forum.

tell us the real story Sister.
take the time to post some real pics to the ORG. common love! we will appreciate it more, and we love you!
:poke:and ok, some of us wanna see if you have any more skinny dippin pictures!?!?? :laugh:

:beerchug:

I have a huge amount of respect for a ride that big, I did 1500 km (900 miles) over 2 days this weekdn, and I can't imagine going that far

RESPECT!!! That looks like such an epic trip. The furthest I've ever ridden was about 600 or so miles on my Ninja 250R. From Manhattan to North Carolina... and that was in a span of about a week!!! I drove across the country for a month and my longest day was 12 hours. I tried to keep it at 5-6 hours at most. I would guesstimate I spent $4000-4500 between all the fuel, food, and whatnot.

I can't even fathom what it would be like to have 10-12 hour days on a motorcycle!!! And only spending $2000!!! You are a badass lady!

I plan on visiting Alaska in 2 years in order to climb Denali. I can't wait! Makes me want to take the Busa up there even for just a few days. Thanks so much for sharing!

Just EPIC!!! I'm so jealous! What an adventure that had to be girl...just amazing! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!! :bowdown:

My wife and I are planning to ride from Georgia to Fairbanks AK in a couple of years after I retire from active duty. I really appreciate the ride report and you are an inspiration to me and my wife for knowing that it can be done and that it can be fun at the same time. We plan to take about 60 days to do the trip and come back down the west coast of the U.S. and then back to GA after that.

Thanks again for the ride report and you will be grateful you made the trip for the rest of your life.

Very inspiring to me... I have dreamt of just such a ride...YOU ROCK. Thanks for sharing such an amazing ride. Dirt roads on a Busa.. my ol buddy won't even park in a dirt turnout... LOL

Back