Adjustable kickstand

I ended up getting a T. rex racing kickstand . Works great thank you all for the info
But I have a problem with both this and the Brock's. Where's the nub sticking out on the outside of the stand for you to find with your boot? I want the kickstand to be easy and unconscious muscle memory. I don't want to be trying to find the stand with my boot every time. Why would they omit this? Do you guys really not miss it? The T-Rex looks fine and is half the cost of the Brock's so maybe I'll buy it and just add a bolt...

TRex KS.jpg

Actually, I had another question. I'm going to buy one of these, and I'm going to cut myself a block of wood. The block of wood will go under the kickstand when it is engaged and the bike is vertically balanced with the handlebars straight and the front tire against a curb. Actually the bike will probably be leaned a little bit to the right. Then with this portable lift I'll jack the rear off the ground.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GM17ST...colid=ZQ9TKRSFS4FO&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Then I should be able to comfortably spin the back tire to clean + lube the chain (if I'm touring). But this plan only works if the lighter weight aluminum aftermarket kickstand can support one-third the weight of the bike, ie 200 lb roughly. Any opinions?

But I have a problem with both this and the Brock's. Where's the nub sticking out on the outside of the stand for you to find with your boot? I want the kickstand to be easy and unconscious muscle memory. I don't want to be trying to find the stand with my boot every time. Why would they omit this? Do you guys really not miss it? The T-Rex looks fine and is half the cost of the Brock's so maybe I'll buy it and just add a bolt...

View attachment 1651493
Even this Sidestand must been Mod.

T-Rex KS60(aluminum)-4.jpg

I have a Brock's stand and would not recommend. It's a more vertical stand meaning it doesn't have the angle as the stock or other aftermarket stands. It's a SOB to find below the QS, there's barely anything to grab my shoe to pull down. I can only imagine this will be worse with my boots on. Short of the header, I'm not impressed with Brock's stuff. While stuff does technically work, it is not ideal for the Gen3.

I don't have the feelers on my pegs, but it appears the T-Rex at least protrudes more from the QS for easier to use. Can you confirm?

962751_Busa_BrockSTAND_1_Zoom__45170.jpg

KS60(aluminum)-2.jpg

I don't have the feelers on my pegs, but it appears the T-Rex at least protrudes more from the QS for easier to use. Can you confirm?
Sorry, my white new bike is still in its crate. I'm trying to find a garage to put it in, and when I do I'll let you know. I think you still need to mod both these stands, which I did to my gen 1, but then again I was always very careful parking the bike. My biggest cringe is seeing people who park their bikes pointed down hill. Or who don't back the bike's rear tire up to the curb when one is available.

*Good illustration / diagram though. That's going to help a lot of people find the right part...

Actually, I had another question. I'm going to buy one of these, and I'm going to cut myself a block of wood. The block of wood will go under the kickstand when it is engaged and the bike is vertically balanced with the handlebars straight and the front tire against a curb. Actually the bike will probably be leaned a little bit to the right. Then with this portable lift I'll jack the rear off the ground.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GM17ST...colid=ZQ9TKRSFS4FO&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Then I should be able to comfortably spin the back tire to clean + lube the chain (if I'm touring). But this plan only works if the lighter weight aluminum aftermarket kickstand can support one-third the weight of the bike, ie 200 lb roughly. Any opinions?

@pashnit
He uses this style lift for roadside repairs, tire plugs, chain lube.
I'm not sure which brand he uses, but it supports his gen2.

Sorry, my white new bike is still in its crate. I'm trying to find a garage to put it in, and when I do I'll let you know. I think you still need to mod both these stands, which I did to my gen 1, but then again I was always very careful parking the bike. My biggest cringe is seeing people who park their bikes pointed down hill. Or who don't back the bike's rear tire up to the curb when one is available.

*Good illustration / diagram though. That's going to help a lot of people find the right part...

Was worth a shot to ask. I really dislike Brock's stand due to the angle of it as well as hard as crap to grab it with my foot..... and I've only used it a couple of times. I'm lowered, but had I realized this I wouldn't have purchased for sure. I honestly regret 3 of the 4 things I purchased from Brock's for this bike.

Back