ABS problems after Core Moto wheels install

DuraBusaTom

Registered
I installed Core Moto Apex 6 wheels. And now I have an ABS issue. I'm pretty certain it is due to the clearance of the sensor and ring.

The front clearance is ~2mm and the rear is ~.45mm According to another post in this forum the front clearance is too much.

The AMS goes out like it should after I start moving. It only malfunctions at higher speeds. At 130 if I hit the brakes hard the ABS light will come on and stay on until I shut down and restart.
I have reset my front wheel using the Dave Moss video.
Is there a spacer on the rear and I lost it? Can I space the rear sensor out using a washer? Core moto said I could space the front sensor ring out using non-metallic spacers.

clearance at front sensor wheel :
unloosen it and put a washer (0.5-1.0 mm thickness) under the ring at each screw - that mooves the sensor ring out and the clearance should be ok

to the issue at higher speeds :
did you change the tire´s size in the rear
for ex. from 190/50 (standard) to 190/55 ?
this might irritate the counter inside the abs-ecm .

i had exactely that issue at higher speeds years ago with an abs for originally120/70 & 180/55 which was changed to 120/70 & 190/50

for that super special "fault" i built/made an other sensor ring with one notch less than original and the abs was satisfied with that.

in your case, if 190/55 is used instead of 190/50 , the outer dia of the "higher" tire irritates eventually the abs-ecm because its (190/55) rpms differ to the rpms of the 190/50 and by that the number of impulses front to rear differ also so much, what makes the abs to show you the warning light.

I
unloosen it and put a washer (0.5-1.0 mm thickness) under the ring at each screw - that mooves the sensor ring out and the clearance should be ok

i had exactely that issue at higher speeds years ago with an abs for originally120/70 & 180/55 which was changed to 120/70 & 190/50

for that super special "fault" i built/made an other sensor ring with one notch less than original and the abs was satisfied with that.

in your case, if 190/55 is used instead of 190/50 , the outer dia of the "higher" tire irritates eventually the abs-ecm because its (190/55) rpms differ to the rpms of the 190/50 and by that the number of impulses front to rear differ also so much, what makes the abs to show you the warning light.
Never had issues with the abs coming on with larger tires and I'm running a 200/60, and at triple digits the abs never came on. Guess it depends on the how the abs is programmed and the year of the bike. Mine is a 2018.

Thanks, Berlin Germany. I used nylon washers and spaced-out the front ring and then I tested my ABS twice at 130 with no issues. With our lower temps and a tad damp it was easy to trigger the ABS.

My tire sizes are stock. OF course, they are new with the wheels.

My front gap is ~.70mm and rear gap is ~.45mm

Back